83 blower motor brushes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruisedeisel

Toyota's for life
Threads
Toyota says they are discontinued. Has any body recently acquired any of these?

I would imaging that toyota used the same brushes from 1980 to 87 ish?

I just pulled what was left of the old brush out and walked into an auto electric store (mac’s auto electric) in Victoria here and asked for some. He had the right size with longer leads in stock and charged me less then 20$ for 12 brushes. You only need two but I though I would do all my cruisers and rear heaters before the spring eats commutator again.

Thanks! I dropped off my blower motor yesterday at the local alternator shop. He said he will give it a try. If he can't fix it I will call macs.

I just pulled what was left of the old brush out and walked into an auto electric store (mac’s auto electric) in Victoria here and asked for some. He had the right size with longer leads in stock and charged me less then 20$ for 12 brushes. You only need two but I though I would do all my cruisers and rear heaters before the spring eats commutator again.

I don’t but I will check tonight if the carbon brush has a number on it.

The OE motor is NLA, but there are quality replacements aftermarket. You just have to swap the connector .

Welcome. I think I saw good prices on rockauto.com and ebay

Toyota fan motor; size is 0.25" (6.35mm) x 0.23" (5.84mm) x 0.50" (12.7mm) long for sale. Fits most common Toyota blower motors (Hilux/pickup, Hilux Surf/4Runner, Celica, 60-series Landcruiser and others

yup, got those on amazon for cheap. Need to make sure they have the embedded leads

uxcell Carbon Brushes for Electric Motors 13mm x 7mm x 6mm Replacement Repair Part Set of 10

Just bought a set of these brushes to fix my blower motor. (Cost was less than half the price for 1 pair from other vendors.) The actual size of the OEM brushes are 7mm x 6mm.
I have 2 motors to fix (I bought a used blower that failed just like the first).
Hope to post the results by the weekend.

Last edited:
MkAustin, Do you have the part no? Thanks, Mike
Hanson, the Amazon page gave the part # as a13090300ux0208

Here is a pic' of the package label that I received.
7x6x13mm_brushes.jpg

Last edited:
So I placed the order on the 14th and it was delivered on the 17th.
The brushes came in a small ziplock bag inside of a bubble pack shipping envelope. Nothing special.
The brushes did not exactly fit in the brush guides. Turns out that the actual size of the brushes was 7.25mm x 6.23mm. I was able to trim the brushes with a page of 150grit sandpaper. Just laid the paper on the table and held the brush flat was I scrubbed the brush over the paper. I was a little surprised how quickly the brushes did sand down. A lot more carbon dust than I had imagined.
Also had to trim the contact plate at the other end of the spring so that it could be loaded into the brush guide. I suspect these brushes were intended to be loaded from outside with a cap to hold them in place.
The 13mm brush length with the spring fully compressed just bearly fit into the guide with clearance to go over the armature.
I was in a bit of a rush to get the fan reinstalled so I failed to get any pic's. But I have another fan that has the exact problem so I will plan more time to get pic's when I fix the spare.

Overall the brushes worked. Not an exact drop-in as the brushes had to be trimmed and the contact plate had to be cut down to fit in the guides. But the fan works again and it was less than $10.

I'm a little concerned about the life of these brushes. They seemed a bit soft when I was able to sand them down to size so quickly. If they last half as long as the OEM, I will still get about 10 to 14 yrs of use. And I have spare replacements.

As cheap as these cost, I may search Amazon for another source of brushes that have the OEM style that may work as better drop-in replacements.

Hope this helps,
MKAustin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom