150 series roof rail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi guys, my car came with loads of options, the two things that were missing are tow hitch that I ended up getting and theroof rail. I like the stock rail as I have a set of cross bars and an original atoyota roof box. I don’t use it much but I like the idea that I have it if I need it,

My question is, do the stock rails from a 120 series fit the 150 series. I found a set for the 120 series I am debating if I should risk it...

I don't think the dimensions are the same for 120 vs 150. I thought I researched that when I was going through this same issue, but I can't find any specific data in my notes.
I ended up doing this:
GX 460 Roof Rails Upgrade - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

It's my wife's ride and we wanted it "stock-like", so getting the Prado rails ended up giving me what I needed. They are basically the same as the 120 and 100 series rails in design, and mount right up to the GX mount points. Not cheap, but it's worked well for getting a more functional roof mount option.

Thank you, I like this but it is just not for my 150 series, I have a BJ 42 and I ahve loads of the roof and back additions for it...
How about one of these for your 150 Series Landcruiser, I sell a lot of them, and they are very strong/versatile.
Lexus GX460 Slimline II Roof Rack Kit - by Front Runner

Thank you for this, this is exactly what I am looking for, stock rails... they have loads of these in AU, people take them off to put advanced systems on to the roof, I wish someone would seel and ship me one... ;)

I don't think the dimensions are the same for 120 vs 150. I thought I researched that when I was going through this same issue, but I can't find any specific data in my notes.
I ended up doing this:
GX 460 Roof Rails Upgrade - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

It's my wife's ride and we wanted it "stock-like", so getting the Prado rails ended up giving me what I needed. They are basically the same as the 120 and 100 series rails in design, and mount right up to the GX mount points. Not cheap, but it's worked well for getting a more functional roof mount option.

If anyone has the info or gets the chance, could you take a picture of the threaded holes in the roof of the GX460 and how far apart the holes are? I'm interested in coming up with a mounting foot, but I have no idea what I have to work with.

If anyone has the info or gets the chance, could you take a picture of the threaded holes in the roof of the GX460 and how far apart the holes are? I'm interested in coming up with a mounting foot, but I have no idea what I have to work with.

The thread I linked above has a couple of pictures. I don't have exact measurements though.

The thread I linked above has a couple of pictures. I don't have exact measurements though.

Great thank you. Awesome, it looks very similar to the hole setup on 4th gen / GX 470 roofs. Should be fairly easy to integrate an aftermarket roof channel tower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom