Facebook Closed Group? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What would people think about doing a closed group on FB for HDC? I was just thinking maybe it would be a way for locals to find out about HDC more easily. I was inspired by the TTE New Mexico group. We could do a little casual chatting there but keep official business on the MUD forum. But maybe we also have some kind of announcement up front that directs people to the MUD forum and the website.

Sounds like a good idea to me. We just need someone to post and maintain it ...

I started one for the homebrew club I'm in also and it works very well. just takes someone to cross post events there. I think it's a great idea.

^^ thank you for posting the link.... EFFFFJAYYYY!!!! CRUISSSSSERRRR!!!! :D

Facebook is satan's conduit to your soul, or so the interweb tells me
I'll be a troglodyte old guy and hang here

Facebook has indeed killed the independent Forums.

Facebook is satan's conduit to your soul, or so the interweb tells me
I'll be a troglodyte old guy and hang here
Right. We have a website that points to MUD. Now we have a Facebook page that points to MUD. But we are not listed in the chapter directory in Toyota Trails where many of us found the club in the first place.

I'm with you old guy.

Right. We have a website that points to MUD. Now we have a Facebook page that points to MUD. But we are not listed in the chapter directory in Toyota Trails where many of us found the club in the first place.

I'm with you old guy.

I do think it's helpful/important to be listed in the chapter directory in Toyota Trails, but if I recall, we are no longer there because the group made a conscious decision not to be considered an official sanctioned chapter in TLCA. I think the issue was that we needed to require all members of HDC to also be members of TLCA, and the group wasn't willing to do that. There is also a certain amount of record-keeping and paperwork that goes along with that requirement. Anyone else remember that differently? It's been a few years ago, and my "old guy" brain may have that wrong...

I'm with you old guy.

i don't have a particular need to belong to yet another FB group when I have this page. But, I'm a (almost) a grumpy old guy......Pappy and Evan are truly grumpier old guys.

Facebook has indeed killed the independent Forums.

Unfortunately, a forum is a good organizer of info whereas FB is one thread that goes on and on and on. You can't easily search and find things like you can on this forum. I see no point to having technical groups in FB where info isn't organized, categorized nor searchable.

I belong to the FZJ80 FB group and it's stupidity at its finest. My only response to people's questions are "go to IH8MUD.com" and do a search. These people keep reinventing the wheel over and over again.

Anyway, just a minor rant. :deadhorse:

Unfortunately, a forum is a good organizer of info whereas FB is one thread that goes on and on and on. You can't easily search and find things like you can on this forum. I see no point to having technical groups in FB where info isn't organized, categorized nor searchable.

I belong to the FZJ80 FB group and it's stupidity at its finest. My only response to people's questions are "go to IH8MUD.com" and do a search. These people keep reinventing the wheel over and over again.

i'm with you. I think Facebook is making people more dumb. Instead of Google searching people jump on facebook and want answers to spoon fed to them. Forums such as Mud and the Blue Room (Fj Cruiser forums ..com) will never die because they hold so much information. I refer to the Blue Room as the FJ Cruiser Encyclopedia

I see no point to having technical groups in FB where info isn't organized, categorized nor searchable.

Thanks you Ali. Facebook is a "social" media.

......Pappy and Evan are truly grumpier old guys.

elvis.jpg

I don't think it is about replacing this forum, think of it more as a gateway or ad to here. Unless someone stumbles upon someone in this group, they probably aren't going to hear about it.

That's a good idea actually.

I don't think it is about replacing this forum, think of it more as a gateway or ad to here. Unless someone stumbles upon someone in this group, they probably aren't going to hear about it.

I agree... I should qualify my statement in that FB is not for me, but I don't see a FB group that drives real actual users to this forum as a bad thing. Especially if they'll buy a tshirt or stickers! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom