Floor Mats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
the911den.com
Good morning everyone,

Does anyone have ideas for for floor mats for an LJ70? Something "factoryish"? I don't mind cutting down / up an oem non LJ set but I can't find much available. I've asked the "beeno guy" who seems to be a supplier of parts about a few different oem parts but can't get a response so I guess I'm not following the correct protocol.

Anyone find any decent mats they like?

Thank you much!!

Leonard

Remember that the RHD and LHD have different floor mat pattern. I bought a set of RHD fronts for my LHD thinking just flipping them over would work. It kinda does but still looks weird.

the material my mats are made of its not simply carpet. has some stiffer backing and is very hidrofobic.
having said that they dry in no time.

however, when I repositioned the reinforcement pad, it was very easy to stitch through with an ordinary stitching machine.

noticed that that seller doest ship everywhere, but can drop them a line and ask if they do/source custom ones.

Find some nice carpet offcuts and get the edges embroidered. Toyota still make mats for the 7* series, should still fit the floor on a LJ70
I liked my old rubber ones with the 2 inch sides that held so much sand , kids thought they were for playing sand castles in.

Factory RH mats TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 70 SERIES FLOOR MATS FRONT RUBBER SINGLE CAB FROM AUG 16> | eBay
I think I'll have to cut up a factory set to make them fit LHD. There are some that fir up to 2007 vs 2007 and later. I assume the earlier would fit better than the later.

thanks

the material my mats are made of its not simply carpet. has some stiffer backing and is very hidrofobic.
having said that they dry in no time.

however, when I repositioned the reinforcement pad, it was very easy to stitch through with an ordinary stitching machine.

noticed that that seller doest ship everywhere, but can drop them a line and ask if they do/source custom ones.
Sent them an email. thanks

I think I'll have to cut up a factory set to make them fit LHD. There are some that fir up to 2007 vs 2007 and later. I assume the earlier would fit better than the later.

thanks

I don't think they have changed the shape of the floor
This is a 76 series
sandgrabba-no-bull-accessories-500x500.jpg

Maybe a group buy for some mats are in order and just have them made so they fit both lhd and rhd,preferably somewhere a Toyota logo on it also ;)

Maybe a group buy for some mats are in order and just have them made so they fit both lhd and rhd,preferably somewhere a Toyota logo on it also ;)

Put me down for this. Finding the fronts for LHD is only part of the problem for me. The rear portion that is 73/74 series specific is pretty much unobtainable from what I see.

Maybe someone knows a company here in the US that makes automotive carpets,I have new oem 7x front mats and a nice set of aftermarket ones that can be copied.I will try to take some pics later.

Put me down for this. Finding the fronts for LHD is only part of the problem for me. The rear portion that is 73/74 series specific is pretty much unobtainable from what I see.

Are you talking about the whole rear carpet section? Just trace out a copy from the old one. Maybe a 76 series could be cut down to length. From memory the MWD have that section that is raised above the front floor by 100mm

Here are the oem ones I found but I never liked the Toyota brown so I would definitely want black or dark grey carpet.

326CFC2D-7D49-4C03-8086-C5AD2B3F46B4.jpeg
B550DBB0-DF4A-4F9A-97C0-56CDEC92A075.jpeg
BA0E588D-603B-43BF-8B5E-E3E491534672.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom