Builds New LX450(s) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I contacted AMP and they said they don't have one that fits...

If it is the 60 I am thinking about it is actually a 140. So they were adapted either way because the 80 frame is shortened so stock bolt hole locations will not work if a straight bolt on application. At least that is what I'd think.

They are pretty cool for a truck that wont see heavy enough terrain to rip them up.

So am I right, that's the AVIC-5201 without the nav?

In addition to Nav, you have an additional RGB and USB plug-ins, CarPlay (not sure what that is), you lose HD Radio.

If it is the 60 I am thinking about it is actually a 140. So they were adapted either way because the 80 frame is shortened so stock bolt hole locations will not work if a straight bolt on application. At least that is what I'd think.

They are pretty cool for a truck that wont see heavy enough terrain to rip them up.
That’s the rig, 140. I’m sure my wife would like them. I’m hoping somebody knows which ones were adapted.

In addition to Nav, you have an additional RGB and USB plug-ins, CarPlay (not sure what that is), you lose HD Radio.
Got it. CarPlay is Apple's attempt to drive your car. Through the stereo.

To Do List for 1997 LX450:

• Dual Cup Holders - Sitting there, scared to drill holes in center console :)
  • Swap to AT from MT Tires - Done
  • USB chargers in dash
  • Double DIN Head with Backup Camera
  • Dual Battery. Doing double these: SLI31DTMAGMDC - Duracell Ultra Platinum AGM BCI Group 31M Deep Cycle Marine & RV Battery at Batteries Plus Bulbs
  • Clean Re-grease Knuckles (with eLockers)
  • Front Brakes Check (with eLockers)
  • Baseline fluids/hoses - Fluids done -working on hoses
  • In line fuel filter
  • Rear Bumper - Likely Slee
  • Front Bumper - ARB likely
  • Right rear storage compartment outlets and electronics - awaiting delivery :)
  • Harrop eLockers and 4.88 gearing (outsourced to Hardline Fabrication Services | 864.590.0051 someday soon)
  • On-board Air VIAIR
  • Sleeping arrangements - possible sleeping deck - possible removal of 2nd row seats
Nice LX450, i have the exact color combo minus the suspension and oem wheels, i have a question would u be interested on selling your lx450 oem bumper whenever u get ur arb. my bumper is in bad shape. Thanks let me know. Im form Virginia beach Va.

I would be interested in doing that. I will send you a PM. Thanks for reaching out!

I took a look at your other thread. Beautiful rig. Thinking about wheeling in your backyard next summer, so we will be in touch.

Cheers,

Just catching this! Definitely let us know. We will have the B&B up and going by then and can make you a good deal on a room if needed :)

Fooling around with the battery switches and ACR template this AM. It is about time to start cutting things. Also bought the Kobalt brand air/oil separator for the PCV hose mode.

20171130_061904.jpg

Tried to shove a Group 31 in the driver side battery box and cut the box and did a bunch of other crap and finally just gave up and got a Group 24 to give me lots of room for cables, etc.

Going to put a Group 27 on passenger side.

While I had the battery box out, I took the charcoal canister out, replaced the three hoses and tested it for pressure. I was getting some high vapor pressure and after changing the hoses, I didn't notice nearly as much.

20171205_125335.jpg

Had to flop my battery tie-down to avoid shorting the battery and to give me a lip to use to hold the poly.

Tried to some oven forming on the poly I am installing between the battery and the wall. Went a little too curvy - its back in the oven flat getting flattened out a bit :)

20171205_174333.jpg

Last edited:
Fooling around with the battery switches and ACR template this AM. It is about time to start cutting things. Also bought the Kobalt brand air/oil separator for the PCV hose mode.

View attachment 1583550

That bezel looks upside down to me.........

Untouched paper . .so far:

20171205_174325.jpg

Hood wouldn't close with the poly tied down on top of the engine bay frame, so had to go smaller. I also literally MELTED my poly in the oven upon trying to flatten it.

Third time is hopefully the charm. More to come.

@Cruiserdrew
@concretejungle
@Rice
@NC LX

Working on this second dual battery system. Wanted to go back with @Cruiserdrew 's diagram, here:

IMG_0513.JPG

However, I am wired on the Tundra like this:

20171206_205427.jpg

Wondering if I am missing out on something. Assuming this is fine, too and that if I go ON - I am still connecting correctly.

I just purchased the exact same color LX450. What size are the KO2s? They look great!

Awesome - congrats!!

They are 315/75R16 - 34.6"

You don't happen to need some same-sized KM2s, do you? :) I have 4 nearly brand new (<500 miles) on FZJ80 wheels. PM if so :)

I just set it up so I could isolate both sides and switch the inside panel. You just didn't switch the inside panel. Still works perfectly.

yea, your fuse panel isn't switchable which is something i've found to like. If you ever mess with any of the electronics, you can turn the switch off and the power is cut off to the panel. after that, switch it back on and you are good to go.

Awesome - congrats!!

They are 315/75R16 - 34.6"

You don't happen to need some same-sized KM2s, do you? :) I have 4 nearly brand new (<500 miles) on FZJ80 wheels. PM if so :)

Even though that sounds like a great deal, I definitely want to get KO2s when the time comes especially after seeing your pictures. I take a couple trips up to Boone in the winter and the K02s will be great in the snow. I've driven a friends Jeep with K02s through thick snow and they did fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom