While traveling I caught an intruder in my 80 and ended up killing them. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have definitely underestimated a mouses ability. A 26" vertical jump is pretty amazing for a 2 1/2" mouse.

that's equivalent to you jumping 62.4 feet! white men cant jump

Sounds racist:eek: and to add I did feel unfortable when you hugged me the other late night when you left #metoo:moon::flipoff2:

Its only uncomfortable because you made it uncomfortable. I'm completely fine with that situation. #sorrynotsorry :flipoff2:

:flush:

True dat - I have a friend with a small farm and the (huge) cats live with the farm food and he has never feed them and the food is never touched. With that said I dont want a cat living in my 80.

No doubt!! I make sure the windows are up on everything within cat range.
I had a bad experience transporting a friends cat about 20 years ago...a little cat pee goes a long way :bang:

I can picture our Lab in the grocery store with one of those.:eek:

I have definitely underestimated a mouses ability. A 26" vertical jump is pretty amazing for a 2 1/2" mouse.

nope, laboratory mice can do 3 feet easily - wild mice are even wilder

believe me, I know mice - I have only done research on them since, like, 1982 :doh:

laboratory mice, however, are a poor copy of wild mice - thus my statement that your are indeed underestimating mice - wild mice will best every single laboratory mouse in physical strength and endurance, as well as life smarts in their environments

fun tidbit: when a lab mouse is offered a running wheel in the cage, they may very well run close to 6 miles a night VOLUNTARILY :eek: - well, not all of them, there are some slackers in any given group just as well, and if you give them a high fat diet . . .

serveimage

Last edited:
also, mice do NOT like the smell of RAID insect killer - don't ask me how I know :rolleyes:

37s? Hah. 44s are the Next Big Thing. All the 80 series cool kids are doing it. Fit In! Be Like Us!

4x4-trucks-iceland-4runner-44.jpg

Reminds me of one of my favorite pics.
Picture 085.jpg

These work like a champ. A little spendy but the pack rats seem to fall for them better than standard traps. I caught one giant pack rat and two mice all in the same trap, I was a little surprised when I looked in and saw the three of them in there. Also safer around pets than the standard issue massive rat trap.

https://www.amazon.com/Victor-Elect...spons&keywords=electric+rat+trap+indoor&psc=1
Ever the optimist I bought two of the Victor better-mousetrap-electrocution chambers. They arrived yesterday and I got my first capital punishment overnight :skull:

One trap by the wood pile, one behind the shed. The shed trap had a perspired field mouse in it. Interestingly the field mouse must have been too small to trigger the flashing red light after the kill.

I like that I can safely toss the carcass out into my arroyo without spreading poison in the food chain.

Now if it could only electrocute rattlesnakes going after a dead mouse . . .

Ever the optimist I bought two of the Victor better-mousetrap-electrocution chambers. They arrived yesterday and I got my first capital punishment overnight :skull:

One trap by the wood pile, one behind the shed. The shed trap had a perspired field mouse in it. Interestingly the field mouse must have been too small to trigger the flashing red light after the kill.

I like that I can safely toss the carcass out into my arroyo without spreading poison in the food chain.

Now if it could only electrocute rattlesnakes going after a dead mouse . . .

What are you using to bait the trap?

What are you using to bait the trap?
Victor recommends peanut butter but I don't have any.

I just poked a twistie through a small piece of cheddar cheese. The rats and mice around here seem to eat anything. I could probably put Palo Verde seeds into it and they would come . . . thats what they leave all over my engine compartments (along with their products of digestion)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom