Free Door Straps. Sad Day for the Cruiser Brotherhood. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RustyNailJustin

Supporting Vendor
Threads
1 week ago today @majojo4 posted that he was selling his projects, early FJ40s. Being that he was in The same state (Oregon) I responded.
I took the rest of the day off work and drove to his house to look at what he had. That was a 6 hour round trip of driving. We worked out a deal and I agreed to pay his full asking price if he helped me clean up some of the sketch paperwork on one of the 40s. He agreed. He also gave me a set of the door straps that he reproduces for several companies. This is the tech part we're these even in hardtop models?
I spent the remainder of the week dealing with logistics on moving the lot of parts and where to keep them. I have a 40x40 shop that is full for a work space.
I secured additional shop space 45x45 and signed the lease today to put these 40s. This afternoon I texted Mike to work on logistics.
This was his response....
Screenshot_20171204-172952.png

Here is the shop space I just signed the lease on!
IMG_20171201_111553.jpg
IMG_20171201_111616.jpg

Oh and for the free part.
Anyone want theses? You can have um I don't want anything to do with people like this.
Yea I am not happy!
Move this thread if needed but it's important to see what kind of business model Mike is following.
IMG_20171204_172022.jpg

Thats just wrong!
Karma, the bad type, is on the way!

Boo. That plain sucks. Sorry to hear it.

Had a recent much smaller deal with mudder go similar but luckily my investment was more time and logistics.

Tech answer, yes they did come for hard tops too. In the manual for my 76, it lists different mounting instructions for hard top vs. soft top, for the straps. If nobody else has claimed them, I'd be willing to buy them from you to help soften the blow. I've always wanted a set, and this would at least put a little cash in your hand. Maybe if you are looking for any parts, I could do an, "up trade" for you to help also. Although I'm not sure what we have that someone else might need....

Tech answer, yes they did come for hard tops too. In the manual for my 76, it lists different mounting instructions for hard top vs. soft top, for the straps. If nobody else has claimed them, I'd be willing to buy them from you to help soften the blow. I've always wanted a set, and this would at least put a little cash in your hand. Maybe if you are looking for any parts, I could do an, "up trade" for you to help also. Although I'm not sure what we have that someone else might need....

I won't take anything for them. I am happy to give them away.
Pm me

:mad:

I am not going to bail on the guy I got the additional shop space. I will just enjoy having all my junk under cover.

Thats fxxxed up, I always thought he was straight up guy.

Sad indeed... I just don't know what we're leaving / teaching the next generation. I'd rather lose an appendage than break my word to someone. Yet, in today's society, it happens daily. Here's to staying "old school" where a man's word is his bond. Good for you for keeping the lease!

Honestly the most frustrating part beyond the whole I gave you my word, we got a deal thing is there are quite a few little odds and ends that I have never seen or had in person. I have had and have a solid pile of Cruisers. I could keep that little stuff alive and well. The new owner is not a Cruiser guy per Mike. Half this stuff is going to get tossed. Fxxxing sucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom