Rear hatch drip (not leak) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rob Faucett

GOLD Star
Threads
When I open the rear hatch on my 60 I now have a deal where water drips into the cargo area. Seems like it's just the water shedding from the upper hatch door. Drips on the left side down from where the electrical umbilical goes from the roof into the hatch. Then directly into the cargo area. Any ideas?

Thanks
rcf

check the roof rails... sounds like some water is retained up there and finds its way where the rail seams meet....

It's more water than that. But i'll take a look. Thanks!

Any chance the rear wiper motor is plugged in and the tubing is broken inside the hatch?

^^ Suggesting the water is coming from the wiper reservoir? No because it only happens when its raining.

Water will pool on the hatch glass, left side, when it’s in the up position and pouring outside. Eventually it runs down and makes a puddle in the cargo area. I just don’t open the hatch all the way and duck my head to grab things.

When I open the rear hatch on my 60 I now have a deal where water drips into the cargo area. Seems like it's just the water shedding from the upper hatch door. Drips on the left side down from where the electrical umbilical goes from the roof into the hatch. Then directly into the cargo area. Any ideas?

Thanks
rcf

Rob

I get water dripping into the passenger cargo side when I have the hatch up in the rain. My crusier has a passenger lean and I figure it forces the water to that side along the back top rail.

From what I can tell it's only happening when the hatch is up. I have replaced the hatch surround seal and it seals tightly agains the upper hatch. There is another deal that is folded between the hinges and hatch. Is there and issues with that one? Mine is due to be replaced.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom