XMAS Tree and/or Snow Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Let's get the discussion started so folks can plan and respond if they are interested. We have done tree runs in the past so let's see if folks are interested in participating this year.

Tentative date: Sunday, Dec. 3rd. (It was 12/9)
Time: all day

If not enough people are interested in a tree run, then we could push this back to Jan or Feb and do a snow run, unless we have some snow in Dec, which is not very common in the Jemez.

Last edited:
BTW, on the 9th, there is also an event at the Jemez Historic site. You could grab a tree, than swing by the ruins.

Light among the Ruins - Christmas Celebration
At Jemez Historic Site
12/9/17, Saturday
5:00pm - 9:00pm

The ruins of Giusewa Pueblo and San Jose de los Jemez Mission will be decorated with hundreds of farolitos. The evening’s program will include traditional Native American flute music and Jemez Pueblo dancers performing between two illuminating bonfires. Enjoy free horse-drawn wagon rides from Jemez Springs Park to the Historic Site and holiday refreshments. Call 575-829-3530 for more information.

Event Details

Marc - Thanks for organizing! I am interested in participating, but I am not available on December 9. Please don't change the date on my account, but if different dates are better for other folks, then I will certainly consider attending on a different day.

Thanks!

BTW, on the 9th, there is also an event at the Jemez Historic site. You could grab a tree, than swing by the ruins.

Light among the Ruins - Christmas Celebration
At Jemez Historic Site
12/9/17, Saturday
5:00pm - 9:00pm

The ruins of Giusewa Pueblo and San Jose de los Jemez Mission will be decorated with hundreds of farolitos. The evening’s program will include traditional Native American flute music and Jemez Pueblo dancers performing between two illuminating bonfires. Enjoy free horse-drawn wagon rides from Jemez Springs Park to the Historic Site and holiday refreshments. Call 575-829-3530 for more information.

Event Details

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum. :) Marc A introduced himself on the TLCA FB page. I live in Jemez Springs, and the festivities on the 9th are great! If it's decided a Tree Run is a go, on any date, I can grab tree permits ahead of time if we get a head count a couple days ahead of time. Looking forward to meeting you all sometime soon! Cheryl

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum. :) Marc A introduced himself on the TLCA FB page. I live in Jemez Springs, and the festivities on the 9th are great! If it's decided a Tree Run is a go, on any date, I can grab tree permits ahead of time if we get a head count a couple days ahead of time. Looking forward to meeting you all sometime soon! Cheryl
Hey Cheryl,
Nice to meet you and welcome! Looking forward to meeting you and your sweet 40!

Welcome Cheryl

Welcome Cheryl. Glad you said hi over here. Since most of us come up from ABQ, we usually stop at the Walatowa visitor center to regroup, use the bathroom and buy permits. Your offer to buy them ahead of time is very kind of you though. Have you lived in Jemez Springs a while and do you know the area well enough? Any suggestions on where to go for trees? I have a few ideas based on many past runs but I'm open to new suggestions.

Let's get this discussion going again. I am available on the 9th to host this. But others may not be available. Let's get a show of hands to see if the 9th is the preferred date or if we should move the run up to Sunday, 3 Dec. I don't need a tree but don't mind having a day in the woods driving around and looking for trees. I am thinking of going to the area we went for a snow run in the recent past, I think it was FS 607/608 - east of 376 . I think it's called Cebollita Mesa. The elevation 7,800 - 8,400 ft, so there should be some good trees up there.

Another part of the Jemez I've seen a lot of fir and spruce is the area north of 126 on the western side of the NF, around and east of San Gregorio Lake. Some road #s in that area are 103, 69, 70. That gets us well over 9,000 ft.

Guess I better get the 4Runner back together.

Let's get this discussion going again. I am available on the 9th to host this. But others may not be available. Let's get a show of hands to see if the 9th is the preferred date or if we should move the run up to Sunday, 3 Dec.

Regarding Marc's question on the dates, my preference would be Sunday 12/3, but if 12/9 is better for most folks, then go ahead then and have fun!

Evan

I haven't seen any responses from anyone who preferred the 9th and there are a couple responses from those who cannot attend the 9th. So I'm going to propose we move this to the 3rd if there are people who are definitely willing to go out that day.

Tentatively I am able to do dec 3 if I can get time to complete some repairs.... So I'm a maybe. I'd like to get out if I can get it together

I haven't seen any responses from anyone who preferred the 9th and there are a couple responses from those who cannot attend the 9th. So I'm going to propose we move this to the 3rd if there are people who are definitely willing to go out that day.

Marc - if the run is happening on Sunday 12/3, I will be there. Thanks for organizing!

Shoot I was planning on the 9th, I've got finals all next week so I'm out. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom