While traveling I caught an intruder in my 80 and ended up killing them. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Dont fuuck with LCP!

Woke to this -
Tape covered the eaten hole in the lid by the intruder. After removing everything from the inside of my 80 and I have a LOT of stuff nothing was found.:bang: On to the next step of prevention

IMG_6536[1].JPG
IMG_6537[1].JPG

Installed 4 traps for protection at 10am
This morning at 5AM I won

IMG_6566[1].JPG

IMG_6568[1].JPG

Note of interest - When crossing/viewing the Hoover Dam I was flagged at the security checkpoint for a random full search.:rolleyes: The first question home land security ask is there anything we should be concerned about? Yes I have 4 traps set so be careful. WTF they ask. Also loaded guns are not allowed on the dam :eek: They had me open just about everything but my CampTeq:meh::(

Note #2 - My 80 ride is so smooth with over 20 miles of washboard dirt and 450 miles of high speed tarmac not one of the 4 traps experienced a false tripped.;)

The intruder does get some credit for the ability to clean the peanut butter from the other 3 traps without injury but greed ended up getting him.

Maybe I need more lift? How high can these guys jump?

I was going to ask you where you bought those traps until I saw this picture. I am having the same problem.

That's crazy, how is this legal?

Good to know (but WTF).

Everyone goes through one of the 5 lanes (including tour buses) of security check point if you want to get close or wake on the dam or bridges. There is a special area for full search but with that said it was not until I was in main line I saw no weapons allow.:eek:

w7rA9iYp_fBwLs2gIK_668c_P8uiYgX0bXZzLCCJvaPO_iXFedgb1R3BXhWj0I8vACNfFfkMxqsCsGHzNIj8Ecw7COqquOnqU87WvRkgh5LKpK_NsT7efwswNGnh8RvoA3TOtbAsEq9YdkKa8LxmB4DkMEwOOX4zsOR8jR2PDTuLAWCDjwqU9S28CzLE44S_ZQi0JqA7_bCmjxCpS9O1jrCBDgVQ4Zsg_OSQDZKuN3IQVy3-ulbNCI61aUl9QvLn2qASdoUEYnXgWYnRHCaXjyXD5WpQRd3Ww54ZKzttKv82pyfNaalVyXBMiV0rBdFufp1N8-nFcJVHJpt8XO8N2eNmm_OdHNbWAl4HMxCqgpH1_IQJHU3VYNuhNONzh173jVZejyBLAXNZ9M3fMzfEupJrVYMODDmQC4nTS4zFqhL1km1wHP5FBMCu1EL2ZGXc1Cqat6ALsOeRUxc1aJVtFr0bIDfzeoj41R28ER4-jHmw9AeS62YkRynQ88rLjEXv98qLgWDhofD6XvbZ4Oup_zZ70VVZhWrViua5BpJ5YBrFdd-mgwMM4cVdCWMvhSEqXl5Fjnn0PHIGJmm9OsZ0JuaJD9d4NK85qboK4PZ0jys=w1290-h860-no

Yeah, firearms, explosives, combustibles are big no no's at any dam. we took a rafting trip below the glen canyon dam a couple years ago.
they were freaky adamant about no guns, explosives or even joking about blowing the dam.

I brought two home in my engine bay from Seven Mile Wash north of Globe to Gilbert. Hearty little rodents. They evaded all traps but the white plastic ones that look like shark teeth. I also learned that crickets love cleaning the bait off of mouse traps.

Yeah, an atf agent with his fingers caught in a trap wouldn't good good lol

Dang Phil, had me concerned there for a sec.

With a 15 month old, the inside of my truck is filled with cheerios. Surprised this has't been a problem for me yet.

We had the engine cover off not that long ago, and it was clean.

Now, it's probably full of Cheerios too.

These work like a champ. A little spendy but the pack rats seem to fall for them better than standard traps. I caught one giant pack rat and two mice all in the same trap, I was a little surprised when I looked in and saw the three of them in there. Also safer around pets than the standard issue massive rat trap.

https://www.amazon.com/Victor-Elect...spons&keywords=electric+rat+trap+indoor&psc=1

Another two thumbs up for Chico the shop cat, a steely eyed dealer of death and protector of 4WD Toyotas.

Shop Cat.jpg

These work like a champ. A little spendy but the pack rats seem to fall for them better than standard traps. I caught one giant pack rat and two mice all in the same trap, I was a little surprised when I looked in and saw the three of them in there. Also safer around pets than the standard issue massive rat trap.

https://www.amazon.com/Victor-Elect...spons&keywords=electric+rat+trap+indoor&psc=1

Another two thumbs up for Chico the shop cat, a steely eyed dealer of death and protector of 4WD Toyotas.

View attachment 1578533

True dat - I have a friend with a small farm and the (huge) cats live with the farm food and he has never feed them and the food is never touched. With that said I dont want a cat living in my 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom