Introduction Thread...Who are you, and what do you drive? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Howdy Keystone Cruisers! I'm new to the area, but not to FJs.

I have just moved to PA from the High Rockies of Colorado (tears are flowing). My doormat was at 8,250' and I could get to Moab in 3+ hours and to great mountain trails in minutes. The transition is a bit of a culture shock, but I'm excited to see as many FJs on the road as I do. I'm looking forward to rompin' with some of the members of this forum and the people I've met through the FJCruiser forum.

I'm on my second FJ. I currently own a 2013 TTSE with some mods - and I'm upgrading slowly from the "mall cruiser" it was when I bought it last Fall (good deal & low miles from Tx).

First first FJ (and first love), was a beautiful and sturdy Sun Fusion '08 with enough mods to make it Moab and Mountain worthy. It had a 6 speed MT and a TRD supercharger. Sadly (RIP), it lost a battle with a herd of elk on I70 near my home in Eagle, County.

I'm mechanically inclined but don't have the tools to do work myself, so I have to rely on good folks and honest shops. Thank you to @Joabmc from the FJCruiser forum (and here) who has connected me with some people already. Also, a kind soul put the Keystone-Cruiser info card on my windshield.

I hope to meet many of you in the near future.

Of course, I've got to share some pics. Sorry for the quality, but I get excited sometimes!

Sunrise shot at 11,500' near my CO home

bEz4pZP.jpg

One of my last Moab trips in July. This is at "Thelma and Louise Point", where the movie had the epic final scene. This is a someone unpublished point on Potash Road, just before the official start of White Rim Road in Canyonlands NP.

zqKb73O.jpg

Around the corner from my CO home... Beaver Creek ski resort in the background.

GNsZLkg.jpg

Decorating for the Christmas spirit. They're still on my rig and working!

Jxsi0jQ.jpg

Fun on the Schaffer Swithback Trail, exiting White Rim, in my '08 Sun Fusion

7e2w6FZ.jpg

Don't do this. Results of a crappy, mall cruiser "lift". Long story, but lessons learned. New UCAs and a proper lift is now installed.

9rQf6Ol.jpg

My daughter learned to drive at age 12 in a manual transmission on off-road trails in Moab and CO. She's probably logged 100 hours with a clutch. All "legal" on BLM roads, where 8 y.o.s can drive OHVs.

570j8L0.jpg

Welcome @kevinrfoote ! :cheers:
Go here to officially join. Great pics and nice truck! We have a few FJC's in the club. We generally get together every second Saturday to wheel. There are a few off road parks in the area, Rausch Creek and AOAA. Wheeling will be a LOT different than CO and Moab. Most of our wheeling is in the woods. Some members in the club have been out to Moab and CO more than once, and a group of us just got back from eight days in CO.:steer:

You will find east coast wheeling to be a totally different experience from where your from. It's not as open and seenic but I feel it can be very challenging. It will test you and your rig both.

Hi Kevin. Card was from me when you were at the shop.

@dci blair, seeing the rigs that pass through your shop, I think you may need more cards...PM me and I'll get some on their way.

Well, I guess since I signed up as a member yesterday, I ought to introduce myself.

I am Harry from Delaware, been a toyota lover for a long time. Been around wheeling for a while, only been wheeling my truck for about two years now. It is a 90 pickup with sas, front axle out of a 79, 5.29 gears, yukon lockers front and back, marlin crawler dual cased, 2.28 front 4.7 rear. sitting on 33's. Stock front leafs with add a leaf in the back.

Hope to meet a few more of you all for some wheeling trips.

Just this last weekend at Rausch Creek she made it up the red Jotters way, and Stairstep with no winching. We did do some other blacks like the hills and I think 1c. She impressed me this weekend.

Hope to wheel with you all soon! And thank you all for the warm welcome.
DSC_0048 copy.jpg

Welcome! I know it a long way off but some of us CLCC guys get together in Dewey Beach in September for surf fishing and beach runs.

Well, I guess since I signed up as a member yesterday, I ought to introduce myself.

I am Harry from Delaware, been a toyota lover for a long time. Been around wheeling for a while, only been wheeling my truck for about two years now. It is a 90 pickup with sas, front axle out of a 79, 5.29 gears, yukon lockers front and back, marlin crawler dual cased, 2.28 front 4.7 rear. sitting on 33's. Stock front leafs with add a leaf in the back.

Hope to meet a few more of you all for some wheeling trips.

Just this last weekend at Rausch Creek she made it up the red Jotters way, and Stairstep with no winching. We did do some other blacks like the hills and I think 1c. She impressed me this weekend.

Hope to wheel with you all soon! And thank you all for the warm welcome.
View attachment 1574284

WooHoo!!! Another Delaware Wheeler!!! I am just north of Dover in the Cheswold area! Great group of guys here!
You have a really awesome set up, Andy (@jamarquardt22 ) is probably the closest to similar set up as you as far as gear reduction lol!

Welcome @Harry Handcuffs . I gotta ask. Are you in law enforcement? Just trying to understand the Handcuffs

Any how @YotaFun is right about the gearing. It also looks like a good build.

Welcome! I know it a long way off but some of us CLCC guys get together in Dewey Beach in September for surf fishing and beach runs.
Sweet, I enjoy surf fishing. I wanted to get out this fall but work gets in the way....

Welcome aboard. I work/live not terribly far from the PA/DE border.
Thank you! I travel thru that way every once in a while too.

WooHoo!!! Another Delaware Wheeler!!! I am just north of Dover in the Cheswold area! Great group of guys here!
You have a really awesome set up, Andy (@jamarquardt22 ) is probably the closest to similar set up as you as far as gear reduction lol!
Thank You! Your truck looks awesome too. I think jamarquardt22's is way better built than mine. The links just seem like such a smoother ride.

Welcome @Harry Handcuffs . I gotta ask. Are you in law enforcement? Just trying to understand the Handcuffs

Any how @YotaFun is right about the gearing. It also looks like a good build.
Hahaha! No not in law enforcement, I am a truck driver and that is my cb handle. My cousin gave me the handle about 12 years ago after I was cuffed and stuffed and my T-100 was searched for taking a nap in a gas station parking lot....the old sleep monster snuck up on my before heading out on another load. He got a good kick out of it and its been my name ever since.

Thanks about the truck, like I said to yotafun, yours is way better built than mine. Looks like a fun wheeler!

Just joined Keystone Cruisers tonight. I currently live in Jackson, MS. But as of December 4th, my wife and I will be living in Philadelphia. Really looking forward to getting to know you guys and doing some wheeling.

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser. Torsion bar crank, running board and mud flap delete, 33" Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 18" wheels.

See y'all soon.

- Otis

upload_2017-11-20_17-7-33.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom