Report from mechanic on new purchase LX450 150,900 miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

new seat motor is 371, why not get two new seats at that price point?

what the heck is up with these new buy threads ?

Can I use your pic on my website when I release the 200 series products next year?
Absolutely, I might have some better pics as well!

LOL I've done my fair share. I'm just in a position that I don't have to today. When I was younger I had to learn to turn a wrench on my BMW. These days I'll turn one for fun. I'm super busy with wife, 6 kids, and work. I'm grateful for all the feedback I'm getting on here. Thanks guys!
6 kids. Hats off to you.

Sounds like your retired dealership mechanic is still handing out dealership prices?!?!

Sounds like your retired dealership mechanic is still handing out dealership prices?!?!
Thank you for the info on the parts. I can't argue with you on that. I appreciate your help in understanding what the costs are. I do understand that this guy has his own shop and he works alone and he deserves to make $$. Going forward I will be reaching out to you guys on all items prior to having it done. Appreciate you.

Thank you for the info on the parts. I can't argue with you on that. I appreciate your help in understanding what the costs are. I do understand that this guy has his own shop and he works alone and he deserves to make $$. Going forward I will be reaching out to you guys on all items prior to having it done. Appreciate you.

I always recommend BENO owner/operator of Welcome to LCPC ih8mud supporter, and expert in all parts matters. OG Toyota parts.

@mreedbmwm3 -- roughly how much did that compression test set you back? When I bought my 95 last spring my (very honest) mechanic talked me out of doing one due to the low mileage & lack of symptoms but my curiosity is still there.

Are any of your 6 kids interested in helping? Seems like some of the smaller jobs would make for good learning/bonding time.

Are any of your 6 kids interested in helping? Seems like some of the smaller jobs would make for good learning/bonding time.
Great idea, there is plenty for them to learn on oil changes, transfer case, and diff fluid changes.

Have you explained to your kids that daddy won't be able to afford college yet? :rofl:

@mreedbmwm3 -- roughly how much did that compression test set you back? When I bought my 95 last spring my (very honest) mechanic talked me out of doing one due to the low mileage & lack of symptoms but my curiosity is still there.

It is much cheaper to just buy the gauge and do it yourself. If you can screw in a spark plug then you can do a compression test. Instructions come with the gauge.

It is much cheaper to just buy the gauge and do it yourself. If you can screw in a spark plug then you can do a compression test. Instructions come with the gauge.
Ya I’ve done it before many times on my older cars. Crazy easy. Still curious as to the price as where I live now fines residents for working on their cars (even changing a battery, something I recently found out). Easier to just pay than to borrow friends/family driveway and drive to/from just for this one task.

I’m in Dallas. I’ve got a Toyota mechanic in Ft Worth, Tandem Automotive. If you have time, they do good work. We’re not too far apart. They performed my once-over on both my LC’s. Seem pretty reasonable on prices.

Ya I’ve done it before many times on my older cars. Crazy easy. Still curious as to the price as where I live now fines residents for working on their cars (even changing a battery, something I recently found out). Easier to just pay than to borrow friends/family driveway and drive to/from just for this one task.

You need to move.

We were looking into one of those type of neighborhoods and when I asked about it and they said they prosecute....I said no thanks because THAT's my hobby. Some people play golf, some do model trains, some go bowling......I work on old cars. It's not like I'm burying them in the front yard, but that's what I enjoy.

You need to move.

We were looking into one of those type of neighborhoods and when I asked about it and they said they prosecute....I said no thanks because THAT's my hobby. Some people play golf, some do model trains, some go bowling......I work on old cars. It's not like I'm burying them in the front yard, but that's what I enjoy.

I've never heard of this, must be an American thing. I can see the concern with some irresponsible disposal of fluids; but not even in Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom