Who's tried LED headlights? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I'm curious what those of you who've tried LED headlights have to say about them. I'd love to have something that lasts longer than incandescent bulbs and can provide better light output without drawing as much current. Right now I use Hella E-code H4 and H1 housings in my 62, along with a Wayne Tangen harness that I built for myself. I'm just debating on if I want to keep what I have or convert to LEDs.

4 HI Low

20171018162547-e357fc01-me.jpg

so far pretty happy with all of them ..

20171018162049-26d7f46d-me.jpg

modify my already modified headlight harness to make it work with these ( altho they are bolt on on outer position ) since I want them all work together ( all 4 ) in low and hi ..

2 relay ( I use 4 relays, 2 per side just coz was easy to wire for me and I already have them on my previous harness ) it's all you need to make them work ..

hey use one hot for low beam, permanent ground and one ground to activate hi beam ..

I have a pair of Baja designs squadrons on my off-road motorcycle. They would fall into the category of "for off-road use only" but they put out a lot of light and I've ridden some pretty fast trails at night with them lighting the way. They were about $500 a pair with the harness.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/squadron-racer-edition-pair-spot-led.asp

Those however are not headlights. Lots of new cars coming with headlights that are pretty damned amazing. So my guess is that a cheap pair off of amazon may be better than the old sealed beams but they may not last long. The vision X $800 pair may be well worth the money.

7″ Vortex Motorcycle LED Headlight – Vision X USA

Baja designs are probably the best off road LED lights out there...

On headlights i run the JW Speakers round LED's DOT legal.....
I think there are more options out there now days and they offer the heated lens for those who live in snow country..

the initial sticker price is always not welcome, but I'm very happy with them and would not go back to incandescent lights...
20150216_193759.jpg

Last edited:
I just installed the Truck-Lite 7" LEDs in my 60, huge improvement from stock sealed beams. I drive a 2016 Equinox for work with LED headlights and I prefer the Truck-Lites on the cruiser. Plug-and-Play, Hi Beam indicator doesn't work without a harness upgrade but I'll add that in later.

Has anyone upgraded the outer lights/low beams and left the stock high beams on a 62? Just a thought on a way to more cost-effective until all can be upgraded. My high beams are pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom