Soft top from Pakistan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
“Pakistan”

About six months ago I had been in contact with Ehsan in Pakistan concerning a soft top with all the bows and hardware. Basically everything I need to convert my hardtop to a soft top. I’m ready to order but haven’t gotten a response from his email. Does anybody know if he’s still at it? Just busy? Also Can anybody help me with a list of parts to order from him besides the hard ware, the bows, and the canvas top itself? I’ve got the small rear swinging doors on my 71. I was thinking of the army green canvas top. Does anybody have experience or advice and possibly Recent purchases?

Last edited:
Last inward the Ehsan fella ran off with a bunch of money and never filled the orders. Between real steel and troll hole u should be able to get bows and a even nice top than Ehsan used to make.

Wrong guy. That was Jim “OCDbeetle”.

Think is should be mentioned it was a failed early hub cap project where things really went wrong for Ehsan. He required prepayment and was never able to deliver. There were.some quality issues with the tops from Pakistan. One thing that was lost was he was probably our best chance at getting tops and the two piece rear ambulance doors. Always thought that was the best option for a soft top. Easy excess to the back when the top was on and easy to remove top half of the doors when the top was removed.

So to be clear... he is still in business? i had contact with him a while ago... he gave me the info to send my Western Union Money Wire, but it just seem like I needed a little more reassurance. Maybe I’m a little skittish. But sending $800 not counting shipping off to Pakistan with no security since it’s a money wire was risky . I’ll do it in a heartbeat if I know there are others out there who have recently dealt with him successfully. I hope everything’s on the up and up and he still in business because he’s supplying a much needed product. From what I understood, he had a.day job and was trying to make this work so I commend him

There are certain people I will send money to out of the country with no recourse. Because of what happened with the hub caps Ehsan is not one of them. Thought about buying a tailgate from Paul Pilgrim but decided against it. Never gave a second thought about buying one from Kevin in Canada. Lack of communication should be your first clue about sending money to anyone.

There is also TEQ tops which sells on Amazon and is here on MUD. Good reviews on here from what I could find. I had some good communication with him when I saw his top selling on Amazon. When I was ready to buy cumminication went to nothing. Even though Amazon purchases should be safe I didn’t risk placing the order.

Raymond,

The prudent thing to do would be to spend the time thoroughly researching Ehsan here on Mud before you think about sending anyone any money.

Foreign sellers can use Paypal, so the Western Union gamble with absolutely no recourse should be off the table.

There is a "Bad Sellers" thread here on Mud that will open your eyes to not only some crooked foreign folks, but to a number here in the US, including some who started out legit, and then took a turn to the dark side.

I LOVE my Trollhole top with the OEM-style windows. It's a terrific fit on all the OEM hardware And Marshall is great to do business with. What else can I say, overall it's really TOP-NOTCH! Ha!

I was able to get OEM bows but I've seen the Real Steel and they seem to be rock solid.

@Mr Cimarron

Abe is running that venture... he got a whole lot in awhile back ... he may just have that one color left... he is a good guy

It’s not his full time job ... his full time job keeps him running around
I got all kinds of good info from him over a week of back and forth but once I wanted to purchase through him communication stopped. However I will attempt again when summer comes.

There are certain people I will send money to out of the country with no recourse. Because of what happened with the hub caps Ehsan is not one of them. Thought about buying a tailgate from Paul Pilgrim but decided against it. Never gave a second thought about buying one from Kevin in Canada. Lack of communication should be your first clue about sending money to anyone.

Well said John.

@cruiseroutfit and @pardion can tell you more about the full extent of the problem (s) with Ehsan. As far as I am concerned he burned the community when he burned Kurt and John, and I am struck when people come on here and ask for the COMMUNITY's opinion like it never happened, like the threads just disappeared. If amends were made those threads would be updated.

And if they were amended and I somehow missed that, all apologies and I will delete my post.

Last edited:
Well said John.

@cruiseroutfit and @pardion can tell you more about the full extent of the problem (s) with Ehsan. As far as I am concerned he burned the community when he burned Kurt and John, and I am struck when people come on here and ask for the COMMUNITY's opinion like it never happened, like the threads just disappeared. If amends were made those threads would be updated.

And if they were amended and I somehow missed that, all apologies and I will delete my post.

I was in email contact with Ehsan about a few things. First was reproducing canvas for the early soft tops that he was unable to do because he didn't have a tub to work with and second was on the hub caps. I had the bank account number the money that needed to be deposited up front. Because I have a number of hub caps that could be restored decided not to take the risk. My gut feeling paid off just like tailgate group buy from Paul Pilgrim down in Costa Rica. Believe only one member ended getting burned on that one.

Mark if for any reason you want to delete you post PM me and I will remove your quote.

Well said John.

Myself and others wired $$$ for hubcaps, stamped bezels and perhaps some other minor parts (@mderrick may recall more) and never received a thing. There is a giant thread and Ehsan had chimed in a time or two to say he would make it right, we are still out thousands all these years later. I have exact details and transaction records back at the shop.

I would not deal with him again. i picked up a soft top of his second hand and it mediocre in my opinion the straps for the rear corners and tail gate are poor quality, the top doesn't fit great, windshield channel does not hold the rope and there are no snaps on the sides either.. spend the money and get a US top. you will be pleased.

Is there a reason to avoid the Bestop version I see on eBay all the time? I guess between the doors and the top you’re pushing on $1100.00-ish is that unreasonable? Just asking, still doing research myself on these tops....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom