KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) for 200s (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

41.5" is the maximum width between the wheel wells without trimming away at the plastic interior panels. About an inch narrower at the very, very bottom due to a little outcropping at the bottom of the plastic panels, but that's easy enough to work around and keep the 41.5" width.

The seats definitely angle up like an 80 when folded. If I were building drawers that were also to be used a sleeping platform, I'd just make the drawers the same height as the lowest point on the middle seats. That's the way I did the 80 and I don't even notice the slope with an air matress.

IMG_6701.JPG

IMG_6703.JPG

IMG_6705.JPG

41.5" is the maximum width between the wheel wells without trimming away at the plastic interior panels. About an inch narrower at the very, very bottom due to a little outcropping at the bottom of the plastic panels, but that's easy enough to work around and keep the 41.5" width.

The seats definitely angle up like an 80 when folded. If I were building drawers that were also to be used a sleeping platform, I'd just make the drawers the same height as the lowest point on the middle seats. That's the way I did the 80 and I don't even notice the slope with an air matress.

View attachment 1569591

View attachment 1569592

View attachment 1569593
Excellent, thank you! What is that height so I can start modeling (but still need that local test mule...???)

Are there no 200 owners who reside in Oregon?? Hoping to see the finished product of these bad boys before the 300 series gets here. ;)

Maybe you can visit a dealership with one in stock? Tell them you’re considering getting one but need to measure the cargo area.

I'm getting equal pings from 60 and 200 owners right now, and while I said I would build for the 200 next the lack of a local test mule hurts, whereas I have multiple 60 options, so I am now questioning whether the 60 should be next...

Sorry to ask this but as I'm a one man shop with limited resources I need to focus my efforts where it makes the most sense, so I've put up a page on the website for people to vote what vehicle should receive the drawers next:
Land Shark Outfitters - Vote For The Next KISS Drawers

new vote page.jpeg

If you are a potential customer, can you please go cast a vote for your 200?
Thanks,
Dave

@milkyxj 's for sale thread brought me here. I love the simplicity, price, and relatively low weight of your system @cruzerDave . The natural wood finish appears to match the OEM tan interior well. As a side note, I have personal experience with ARB's Outback Solutions drawers; they're great, but also very heavy and I broke one of those damn plastic drawer stops every six months or so (IMO a major design flaw by ARB).

I dropped my email and a vote on your site (for the 200-series of course). If the price point stays around that of the 100-series, I would be game.

I voted for the 200 series. I love to get one of these for my 08.
Thanks for the vote, 60 guys have a titch more votes at the moment, but pretty close...

Excellent, thank you! What is that height so I can start modeling (but still need that local test mule...???)

Sorry for the delay, not sure how much it helps, but my build out is exactly 10" tall and completely fabricated with 1/2" birch ply. So about 9.5" to top of wheel well molding from carpet. The forward wall is a little taller due to the floor "dropping off" up next to the seat.

Okay boys and girls, the poll results are trending to 200 series first, so that is the plan. I will kick off development in mid January, after a little holiday break for myself and the family. We'll get you organized by the time spring rolls around (no one wants to be assembling, staining, or line-x-ing in the garage in 15 degrees anyway)

In the meantime, bags are in stock, and Remora remains stuck in supplier backlog hell for those patiently waiting.

Finally, check out how your drawers will eventually be packaged:

merry christmas from LSO.jpg

Okay boys and girls, the poll results are trending to 200 series first, so that is the plan. I will kick off development in mid January, after a little holiday break for myself and the family. We'll get you organized by the time spring rolls around (no one wants to be assembling, staining, or line-x-ing in the garage in 15 degrees anyway)

In the meantime, bags are in stock, and Remora remains stuck in supplier backlog hell for those patiently waiting.

Finally, check out how your drawers will eventually be packaged:

View attachment 1589235

This great news! Enjoy the time off with the fam.

I’m ready!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom