Oem extended brake hose help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im trying to extend my brake lines for my 97 with 3 inch lift. I bought the oem tundra/t100 lines. Eveything went smoothly other than the front passenger frame to axle part #90947-a2016. It just wont thread. The head of the fittings is too big for the mounting brackets too. I noticed too that all other 6 hoses i bought were made in japan. This specific one that did not fit was made in usa of usa and imported parts. Makes me think that fittings and hose were china and was just crimped here. Anyhow, any one had this problem? Any suggestions?

just got done installing all oem extended lines that was recommended and didnt have any trouble with them threading that one i do remember threading one way first so it would line up correctly i think i started with the axle one first to thread

I actually removed the axle hard line to see if i was just not aligning it right but it still wont thread. Maybe i got a defective part. Ill see if I can get it exchanged. Thanks.

Check to see if the ends of the hard lines are over flared. This happened to me on 3 out of 4 lines. I had to file the flares slightly down in order to thread them into the lines.

Check to see if the ends of the hard lines are over flared. This happened to me on 3 out of 4 lines. I had to file the flares slightly down in order to thread them into the lines.

This. The end of the line has expanded. I ran into the same thing, just file it down and make sure you clean out all the metal shavings before reassembly.

This. The end of the line has expanded. I ran into the same thing, just file it down and make sure you clean out all the metal shavings before reassembly.
This might be the case. You guys are referring to the end that looks like a trumphet right?

20171026_162830.jpg

20171106_232227.jpg

This might be the case. You guys are referring to the end that looks like a trumphet right?

Yes, the flared end, as well as the fitting, tend to expand on the end.

... Eveything went smoothly other than the front passenger frame to axle part #90947-a2016. It just wont thread. The head of the fittings is too big for the mounting brackets too.
I had the same problem with this specific hose (90947-A2016) not fitting correctly in the mounting bracket. This is the front passenger non-axle side of the hose. While it would thread to the hard line just fine, I could not get the fitting through the mounting bracket far enough to insert the clip. The axle side fit normally.

Has anyone else had this issue replacing their hoses?

edit - it seems my 1995 may not have the 47356-60011 bracket that should be on 1995+ trucks. I found some other threads suggesting hose 90947-A2016 needs bracket 47356-60011. The issue might be the shape of the cutout.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom