What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Am I missing something or is that as far up as it goes? If so, what's the point if you can't even park another car underneath or stand up under your rig?

I got excited half way up (it was the only car that didn't fit) and started taking pictures. I am able to stand in between the rails. I drive the 100 everyday and would only put it up there if I need to do work. I can put the Willys or Jag up there and my wifes GS under (not the cruisers), but I just keep them in another garage and she parks outside. I wanted the added safety of a 4-post lift, but its main purpose is to make life easier working on this guy...
2ee9bcf6-7236-49c4-8e05-5dd1da3efe0c.jpg

7bcc3111-5ae3-47ad-a7ea-ab572893a0d0.jpg

I think the general consensus is that if it is your first time, expect it to take at least 8 hours. It took me about 12 at a relaxed pace over several days to do the lift and raise bumpers. I did not want to lose much clearance by adding sliders, so if I had to do it all over again I definitely would. I think the process would go a little faster the second time around but not much since there are so many little things you have to tweak, check, adjust to get it right. Trickiest part for me was figuring out how to disassemble the steering assembly to fit in the spacer and widen the hole in the firewall for the steering rod since I had never done anything remotely similar in the past.

I'm running 33's now, but the plan is to re-gear and add lockers at the same time next then step up to 35's for the next set of tires. :)

Replaced rear shocks and sway bar bushings the old fashioned way (no hole cutting).

Also replaced the blower motor since the original one was squeaking and scraping and lubing did not help. No debris in there either, it was just old & tired.

Old vs. New:

IMG_5690.JPG

Replaced rear shocks and sway bar bushings the old fashioned way (no hole cutting).

Also replaced the blower motor since the original one was squeaking and scraping and lubing did not help. No debris in there either, it was just old & tired.

Old vs. New:

View attachment 1568336
Got a pn for that blower motor?

I got excited half way up (it was the only car that didn't fit) and started taking pictures. I am able to stand in between the rails. I drive the 100 everyday and would only put it up there if I need to do work. I can put the Willys or Jag up there and my wifes GS under (not the cruisers), but I just keep them in another garage and she parks outside. I wanted the added safety of a 4-post lift, but its main purpose is to make life easier working on this guy...
View attachment 1567894
View attachment 1567895
My Dad had one of those I think in 1977. Mark 2 in white. In Rhodesia. He loved it. Thanks for the memory. It's one classy machine. Not sure I have seen one in the US.

Finally decided to tackle the rear sub replacement, i used a $15 amazon sub and it sounds amazing compared to the rattling old one.

37476602304_7bff731429_b.jpg

Also decided to do the spare tire mod, where you raise up the carrier arm an inch to tuck the spare tire underneath. You can't see my spare now unless you bend down, it's hidden away. The 4 bolts holding the carrier were a pain to remove, rusted and seized and you really have no angle to work them out with a breakerbar.

26410396449_dd71138ee7_b.jpg

38186909881_6440a1bcc0_b.jpg

IMG_3008.JPG
With dropping temps, I started noticing my battery was probably on its last leg. Decided to upgrade to an Odyssey 31. In all my research and findings, the slee battery kit ranked the highest for me. Beyond impressed with the quality and design. The hardware - which always seems to be the weakest link with aftermarket stuff - is top notch. My oldest son helped me with the install, so that made it even better.

View attachment 1568675 With dropping temps, I started noticing my battery was probably on its last leg. Decided to upgrade to an Odyssey 31. In all my research and findings, the slee battery kit ranked the highest for me. Beyond impressed with the quality and design. The hardware - which always seems to be the weakest link with aftermarket stuff - is top notch. My oldest son helped me with the install, so that made it even better.

I need to replace my autocraft battery as well, it drained quickly these days when it's cold, leave the radio on without engine running and in 10 minutes the vehicle won't start. I'm going to try an AGM battery now, might look into an optima red top. That Odyssey 31 is expensive!

Installed an icom 7100 ham radio. Took forever to get all the right parts. I have two antennas a 2meter and 40 meter hamstick. I also found a Bluetooth adapter for the radio that allows me to use android repeater book app to find the nearest repeater via gps and send the info to the radio with a single click. Should solve all my ham radio issues, for now.

20171008_205334.jpg

Installed an icom 7100 ham radio. Took forever to get all the right parts. I have two antennas a 2meter and 40 meter hamstick. I also found a Bluetooth adapter for the radio that allows me to use android repeater book app to find the nearest repeater via gps and send the info to the radio with a single click. Should solve all my ham radio issues, for now.

View attachment 1568842

Wow nice rig!

I need to replace my autocraft battery as well, it drained quickly these days when it's cold, leave the radio on without engine running and in 10 minutes the vehicle won't start. I'm going to try an AGM battery now, might look into an optima red top. That Odyssey 31 is expensive!
Yeah, batteries in general are not very cheap these days. I found a 20% off promo through AutoZone with free shipping. I think it was around $240 all said and done. Not sure if the promo is still valid, but here's what I used: CARCARE20

View attachment 1568842

Nice install , how's the dream catcher working?

1" Druiser Body Lift and + 1" White Knuckle Off Road Sliders!

IMG_20171104_125841.jpg

IMG_20171104_125816.jpg

@SierraWheeler , when did you order your body lift and how long did it take for you to receive it?

I ordered mine on 10/25 before reading some of duisers less than stellar reviews on mud. I haven’t received any info other than a charge to my CC.

@SierraWheeler , when did you order your body lift and how long did it take for you to receive it?

I ordered mine on 10/25 before reading some of duisers less than stellar reviews on mud. I haven’t received any info other than a charge to my CC.

I ordered in August. I read the same reviews after I placed my order but he has a corner on this market if you want a kit solution. It took a little over a week to get any sort of order acknowledgement and I almost got cold feet but he did eventually send a confirmation and ship it out. I can't recall the exact timing but I had it in hand within a few weeks.... then it sat in my garage for several months for me to gather the courage to tackle the install.

Old vs. New:

View attachment 1568336
What's the cost on that fan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom