Local For Sale/Wanted Section! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks good but it's a 3.slow with an automatic. We're starting to look for something along these lines for my grandson.

A good friend of mine, John Merkey, is doing a full body off restoration on a complete and unmolested 83 FJ40. he's looking for a good workable passenger side hardtop side for it. I have two but they are the early style without the opening vent window- he needs one with an opening window. if anyone has something let me know! Thanks! Gary

Looks good but it's a 3.slow with an automatic. We're starting to look for something along these lines for my grandson.

3.slow is a "nogo"

3.slow is a "nogo"

Yeah, if the rest of it was in better shape, it could be good contender for a powertrain swap. But for the price, considering a swap, and having to fix other things makes it a bit steep.

Last edited:
So, pretty good chance I’ll be acquiring this 95 80 series sometime next week. As much as I’d love to keep it and turn it into a trail rig I don’t think that’s gonna fly with the wife. That said, I’d be looking to unload it CHEAP. I’d like to get $1000 for it.

Details: 1995 with just shy of 200k on the clock. It’s rough, inside and out but nothing that would affect a trail rig that’s going to get banged up anyway. It does not have any lockers, but the frame is quite solid underneath. Little bit of rot around the corners of the rear doors. Exhaust is beat, needs a drivers side window regulator, tires are dry rotted, drivers wheel bearing needs to be adjusted/replaced, and I’m sure the birfs could use a rebuild. Headlamps do not work, and didn’t dive into that. Oil leaks in the normal spots but nothing major. If interested shoot me a dm and we can go from there. I have no idea of the going rate for these things, so if I’m dreaming on my price let me know and I’ll jump ship before I lose my shirt.

15256408-7457-4390-954A-8997AA88BDE6.jpeg

126E61BC-BBB3-467D-8D54-ADFED6D7449B.jpeg

Blair - is that a salt spreader on a subie ? That’s hilarious. Seems like a decent price on a trail rig to me. If anyone wants locked axles to throw under it let’s talk but they will cost way more than the rig. LOL. GLWS Blair

@dci blair I think your too low on the price. A running driving cruiser with a sound frame. I'm saying ask 2k and go from there.

If anyone is remotely interested, make me an offer on this!

Do you have a link that I can see if I can order the matching front leathers? If so, I may be in on these.

NVM ... links are dead and I found this: METRICTLC - committed FRAUD

Crusha ... is the engine you have a 1FZ-FE or the 3FE?

Should be a direct replacement for my '97 correct? If so, I will know in a week if I can get out your way to take it off your hands.

Should be a direct replacement for my '97 correct? If so, I will know in a week if I can get out your way to take it off your hands.

Nay, 93-94 are different than 95-97. Buy that 95 that Blair has for the motor and spares...

Nay, 93-94 are different than 95-97. Buy that 95 that Blair has for the motor and spares...

Already have two 80 series lurking around the house and wife is starting to ask questions about why I Monstalined the "parts truck"? If I brought home another truck it would come with divorce papers likely. I was thinking of his truck for a delivery vehicle for work, but I already have much going on with the other trucks. The search continues ...

Blair ... can you post a few pics of the inside so I can see what is in there that I can use? It might be worth the investment as parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom