Help with MPG and Igngtion coil? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok so I understand the 2002 land cruiser does not get good gas mileage but after owning mine for about 6 month it just seemed horrible. I finally downloaded an app and measured my MPG the last two full ups and found out I was getting 8 MPG! If any one has any advice on improving my MPG please chime in at this time or read on...

I had already bought a set of spark plugs from CBT so I installed them today, the driver side last cylinder is a bitch... Anyway I noticed some discoloration on two of the ignition coils on both sides of the engine the second ones in. See attached photos. Is this normal to have discoloration? Could this be the reason for my low MPG?

Thanks for any advice and hope to see everyone at the show and shine next weekend.

upload_2017-11-4_18-31-36.jpeg

upload_2017-11-4_18-31-58.jpeg

upload_2017-11-4_18-32-21.jpeg

Jeff, you should post up in the 100 series section. You will get more responses.
My V10 SuperDuty get better mileage than that....lol

Are air filter and MAF clean?

How are the brake and parking brake? Are they sticking?

How many miles on the cruiser? May be time for injectors cleaning? I had good luck with FP Plus on my 80 with 315s, front & rear HD bumpers and sliders. I went from 9 MPG to 12.5 MPG by using FP Plus.

@medtro thanks for the tips. Air filter was recently replaced and researching how to clean the MAF today.

Jeff, you should post up in the 100 series section. You will get more responses.
My V10 SuperDuty get better mileage than that....lol

Jack I agree and was planning on putting something on the 100 series section but thought I would reach out to the local experts first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom