Let's See Your Toyota Expedition Build... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I built the rear storage storage,fridge sliders rooftop rack and took it out for 27 days everything worked great.

DSCN2948.JPG

C0092T01.JPG

DSCN3398.JPG

DSCN3462.JPG

Your rig is bad ass!:clap:
I love it, and thanks slee 6in lift and control arms en route so ill be losing the 5in king springs need them to handle build weight

Love the fridge slider and under slider. Do you have more info/pics on how you did that?

Reactions: RFB
Love the fridge slider and under slider. Do you have more info/pics on how you did that?
I dont have any pics of how I did it, but I bought a set of 500lbs slider and a set of 125lbs or the like and welded tabs onto the 500s and bolted them up then just made a angle iron pan for fridge and used some walnut rubbed with beeswax for the table.

Here is our 80 series from France. Leaving for 7 months to Mongolia and Silk Road in April :)

View attachment 1587563

View attachment 1587564

No April is too early :p

If you leave in May/June, then maybe we can meet somewhere on the road! We should be in Mongolia summer of 2018 as well :D

What route do you have in mind? I think you might spend time in the Stans before ending up in Mongolia? And from there back?

And where are the pictures taken?

Edit: If you're going the southern route through Turkey and Iran, I can hopefully give you some recommendations as we have done that before. (but not the Stan countries)

No April is too early :p

If you leave in May/June, then maybe we can meet somewhere on the road! We should be in Mongolia summer of 2018 as well :D

What route do you have in mind? I think you might spend time in the Stans before ending up in Mongolia? And from there back?

And where are the pictures taken?

Edit: If you're going the southern route through Turkey and Iran, I can hopefully give you some recommendations as we have done that before. (but not the Stan countries)
I should have say May as we're leaving home on Monday 30 April :)

We'll travel the northern route, crossing Russia to stay 'round Baikal for a few days (time to get our Visa for Mongolia).
Then we'll spend all June in Mongolia.
From there the route is Kazakhstan, Kirghistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan (only 3 days), Uzbekistan.
The way back to France is not really planned yet, and maybe won't be 'till the end.

At the very beginning we were planning the southern route but we are travelling with our dog, and we heard crazy stories about dogs in Iran.. so we changed our minds.

It would be a pleasure to meet you on the road !

PS : Pictures taken in Morocco in March 2017.

I should have say May as we're leaving home on Monday 30 April :)

We'll travel the northern route, crossing Russia to stay 'round Baikal for a few days (time to get our Visa for Mongolia).

Ok why is that? Our plan is to just get the visa from home, so then you have 3 months to enter the country.
We also want to go into Russia, but our goal is to visit the Altai region (which should be very nice) and enter Mongolia from there (so Western border)

Then we'll spend all June in Mongolia.

Ah ok, probably we will be in Mongolia in July (and August). However, our plans aren't fixed yet, also no departure date yet.

From there the route is Kazakhstan, Kirghistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan (only 3 days), Uzbekistan.
The way back to France is not really planned yet, and maybe won't be 'till the end.

Nice, I would love to go to Kirghistan and Tajikistan (Pamir Highway) but we will not do it in this trip.
How will you manage the Russian visa again if you have to cross from Mongolia to Kazakhstan? (and per haps one more time later)
In Ulaanbatar you can probably only get transit visa for Russia.
Also note that there is a boat over the Caspian sea from Kazakhstan to Azerbeidjan, but maybe you already new that. Oh, but that can give issues with a dog I heard, you had have some paperwork (but some German guy did it)

At the very beginning we were planning the southern route but we are travelling with our dog, and we heard crazy stories about dogs in Iran.. so we changed our minds.

Well, I have met several people who have travelled through Iran with a dog. I also met one guy with a huge dog while we were in Iran.
They are not used to dogs, so they can be a bit scared about dogs but that shouldn't be an issue.
I don't know the details of what they had to arrange, but it didn't seem like an issue (they weren't telling me any difficult stories about it). In fact, there was one Swiss older guy who did it every year. Not sure if he still did it.
We can really recommend Iran, beautiful country and nice people. So would be worth a try.

It would be a pleasure to meet you on the road !

PS : Pictures taken in Morocco in March 2017.

Yeah I'm not sure if it will work out since you will be earlier with everything, but chance is pretty high nontheless :D

Which area of Morocco is this? Pretty south I guess?

We went to Morocco in a sports car haha should be much nicer in a 4x4.

Hiace, maybe not the right place to talk about travelling ?!
So I'll reply to you in private. Cheers

excellent . will follow along on FB. On my plans sometime in the future

Not as gear-centric, but I get there, and I get back. Baja March 2017.
20170315_125653_sm.jpg

Im heading out west to arizona to do some camping wheeling anyone interested in meeting up or wheeling out westward hit me up .leaving about jan 5th-6th
Ill being rolling from massachusetts into upstate NY and west to AZ.
DSCN3925.JPG

DSCN3974.JPG

DSCN4099.JPG

DSCN4090.JPG

DSCN4097.JPG

Last edited:
like the extended fridge extension.
can you post up more photos of the rear quarter panel brush guards and how thats connected to the slider (so the middle doors still open) and to the rear (by the brake light assembly). Has it taken a 'hit' and any indentation on the body at all?
Looks good

@The Phoenician whats the specs on that trailer ? I'm really interested in what you have going on with your draw bar and the storage just behind the tongue. I am back to working on my trailer and it's nice to see other peoples ideas for inspiration.

It's an old military trailer. The bar was extended and the black box you see is where I have my deep cycle battery. I can send you pics of anything specific if you like, just let me know.

It's an old military trailer. The bar was extended and the black box you see is where I have my deep cycle battery. I can send you pics of anything specific if you like, just let me know.

That would be great. I'd like to see the forward area how the tongue and draw bar are done. Does it have a sliding tongue or fixed ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom