What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EVV ERR, no - it's powder coat ...."Brembo Red" I think is the color the guys uses. He just upped his prices so no more of that for me.

Brembo red, as in motorcycle brake calipers?
Looks really good.
I might need to do something similar.

Brembo red, as in motorcycle brake calipers?
Looks really good.
I might need to do something similar.
If you have a local powder coating shop, try something like RAL 3020, RAL 3001, or RAL 3002. That is from bright to less bright red. Any shop will know those color codes. The parts in your pic should run about $100 ish to do methinks

First test run of the new lift. My 60 got the nod for the trial. Works great, just have to build the courage to work under there. My shop is tiny but it will still help having a lift.
20171026_204549.jpg

Got the 60 out to one of my favorite places, couldnt have asked for a nicer day! Here's a couple of shots and panoramas from the day.
IMG_7762.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_7761.JPG

IMG_6966.JPG

IMG_7044.JPG

Mom and Dad came to visit and my dad was happy to help out with sorting out and helping Finnish up the carb time and knuckle rebuild.

Diffs have been swapped out to 4.10s and everything seems to be running great!

Got the cleaning fever and wire wheeled everything I could and have it all a new coat of paint.

May even get some new tires roday ...33s or 35s... that's the question

IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1053.JPG

Nice shirt!

Tiger, is that a shackle reversal kit on the front? Same one that you can get for the 40?

OK thanks - I put one on my '78 FJ40 back in the day and it seemed to really make the truck drive/ride better. Of course it didn't have power steering, so it needed all it could get.

Well I flew into town and met my 84 for the first time. I replaced the cap, rotor, and plugs. I spent a while discovering the coolant temp sensor in the head and repairing the gage wire to discover that the gage still isn't working. Discovered I need a gas cap too. But really psyched to have found a super clean rust free solid unmolested 60.

Replaced Engine oil and filter. Topped up brake, clutch and checked steering fluid. Checked belt condition and tensions. Swapped out all 8 fill and drain plugs on diffs Gbox & Tbox to 10mm hex key plugs with magnets and refilled them all with fresh oil then changed the air filter. Today the plan is to drain and flush the coolant and refill with Toyota Red. Then change the fuel filter and get the grease gun out then replace the windshield wipers.
Should then be good for another 5000 miles

690FD27A-71C3-4D6B-A526-A196D8C2AD83.jpeg
Knocking out one of the punch list items post SAS. Since this motor sat unused for 30+ years the innards were nasty. Did Ann aggressive flush a few months ago but it’s still aweful smelling so I’m doing another clean out. Going to try a flush (with chemicals) this time around.

Did some rock-hounding near the Salton Sea (for metavolcanic called "Wonderstone") and Myer Valley in Imperial County (Petrified wood).

IMG_3362.JPG

IMG_3363.JPG

After loading the vehicle with probably about 1000 lbs of rock, the suspension was noticeably lower in the rear. If that's what it takes to get the Dobinson suspension/lift to get broken in, so be it! Dobinson makes a fine product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom