For Sale Is it a scam? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone have experience with Welco Motors? They have many vehicles that seem "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE". Below are only a couple of examples. They have many advertised online that are crazy below book value. Some listed as $115K below book, lol. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is...any thoughts?

Used Lexus LX 570 For Sale - CarGurus

Used Lexus LX 570 For Sale - CarGurus

Every car I pulled up was 0 days on car gurus. First impression...scam. And ur right if it appears to be to good to be true.....

Yeah, I ran both vin numbers through the Lexus app and they’re both invalid. They have mixed reviews online but I guess those could be fake too. I’m not wasting my time with them

I wouldn't trust the dealers in that area. All the used car lots there look super shady.

Which one? The one at PricePro? I talked to the salesman and it didn't "feel" like a scam...
J

White 2013 in WA

Same vehice is also for sale in MI

White 2013 in MI

Two weeks ago it was for sale in TX. The number listed went to a trucking company that new nothing about it. Three days later I got a reply email from these guys in KY. They don't even spell their name right in the email the send. The current listings have phantom numbers from the listing area codes.

Wheel Roll Automart

If it's not a scam, it's incredibly disorganized and sloppy. Not someone I'd trust a cross country vehilce purchase with.

White 2013 in WA
Wheel Roll Automart

If it's not a scam, it's incredibly disorganized and sloppy. Not someone I'd trust a cross-country vehicle purchase with.
Wheel Roll is 100% a scam. They had a 2016 (with 27k miles!) listed on AutoTrader for $45k, and the phone number on the listing was to an NJ child and family services fax machine. Listing said the truck was in Newark, NJ, but I emailed the guy through Autotrader and he said the address was somewhere in the middle of nowhere in KY. He sent me about 50 pics of the truck and the CarFax. I ran the VIN, and it had been for sale in Florida a few months ago. So yeah, they're a scam.

Yeah, it's too obvious. I wonder if anyone actually falls for this? Their techniques aren't even in the realm of believable so I wonder what they actually scam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom