Post your high-mileage 100-series!!! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got her today..... Put on BFG KO2s

2006 LX

Not planning on doing much except a Yakima Megawarrior basket with extension and maybe light tints up front.

View attachment 1557154

View attachment 1557155

Sweet! I thought my 07 had high miles! Here is a pic from yesterday...

IMG_7320.jpg

Just picked this up yesterday for $3500.

I'm the second owner, PO took fantastic care of it. Spent the day cleaning and learning. The only thing that's inop is the 6-disc. Simply incredible. Plans are OME lift, rack for my RTT, and many more miles.
Should I flush the transmission? Seems to be fine, shifts smoothly, and no weird noises when going between OD and OD off...

Wow, nice post/mileage!

Just picked this up yesterday for $3500.

I'm the second owner, PO took fantastic care of it. Spent the day cleaning and learning. The only thing that's inop is the 6-disc. Simply incredible. Plans are OME lift, rack for my RTT, and many more miles.
Should I flush the transmission? Seems to be fine, shifts smoothly, and no weird noises when going between OD and OD off...

these trucks are insane... the only thing that will take them out is rust or a big wreck. bulletproof. scary what an engineer can do when gas mileage doesn't matter.

Not high milage as Land Cruiser go, but kind of cool numbers.

The Black Knight, is sooooooooooooooooooo clean it's had to believe it even has these miles! I'm going hate letting this one go.
001.JPG
004a.jpg

2000 LC with 200k miles, she's just now starting to break in:) I promise the rest of the truck is not as dusty as the gauge cluster, finals week is just putting a damper on a much-needed detail job. She will get some much needed TLC very soon!

IMG_2531.JPG

Why let it go?
I've two LC purchased this summer right now. The other is a Silver 07LC VX "The Unicorn" w/127K. It sit now, in the garage with a blown engine and other issue. It will take longer to get the condition even near that of The Black Knight. Neither purchase was planned, they just popped up and I couldn't help myself. Sick right!

Because of these two purchasing I sold The King, my beloved 01LC.:( It's a matter of cash flow.

So bottom line I must let The Black Knight, to finish The Unicorn. In addition I've always wanted a Unicorn, it's what got me into this Restoration hobbi in the first place.

It's a tough decision as I've wanted a clean slate to start-over-with. The Black Knight is that clean slate. It's just not in the cards for me.

Last edited:
Just bought a 2000 with 311k miles. Original Engine and Transmission, still runs, drives, and shifts awesome.
I'm planning on 400k, and personally it'd be cool to see 500k.

What really suprises me that even at high miles these trucks still drive smooth and comfortable.

What really suprises me that even at high miles these trucks still drive smooth and comfortable.
What surprises me even more is just how many high-mileage 100's are out there that have either never had or had very minimal PM done to it. I'm talking about those soccer moms and elderly couples who are pushing 200k+ miles on their original TB/WP, drive belt components, radiator, bearings, steering rack, etc...

Does anybody have statistics on the percentage of 100's that were sold vs 100's still around? It would be interesting to know and an amazing selling point. (to whomever is crazy enough to sell a 100)

Does anybody have statistics on the percentage of 100's that were sold vs 100's still around? It would be interesting to know and an amazing selling point. (to whomever is crazy enough to sell a 100)
Based on how difficult it is to get used body parts, I'd guesstimate 93% still on road. But with aging fleet, repair cost point is dropping at which they’re totaled. So number will be dropping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom