Recommendations on Rechargeable LED Tactical Flashlights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just clueless with all the options and figure there has to be some lighting folks here who have a solid opinion.

Not looking for cheap, but something that will last and hold a decent charge.

Thanks. Bill.

I've got a half dozen like this, they are CHEAP, but they are also the very best flashlights I've ever owned. Zoom lense goes from wide flood output to focused beam, throws light a LONG way, rechargeable batteries, and they're tough. I have enough of them that I leave them in all our vehicles, hiking backpack, garage light, etc for much less than the cost of a single name brand light. 3-mode is nice so you aren't going through various strobe settings to get back to the low/high that you'd normally use.

Put my buddy's snap on light to shame, that thing cost him $300 and was as long as your forearm, he was both very upset, and impressed, lol.

UltraFire SH98 910lm 3-Mode White Light Zooming Flashlight w/ XM-L T6

^ those lights can be found all over amazon and ebay under different "brands" and names. if you search cree flashlight you'll see them. I highly doubt it puts out 910 lumens like dx.com is stating but they are decently bright for the size.

http://amzn.to/2xgL71J

5 pack
http://amzn.to/2y02mUs

I'm sure the lumen output rating is less than advertised, but it was still enough to absolutely SHAME a $300 fancy brand name flashlight that was 5X the size.

I have had great success with Fenix brand lights. I have a couple of single AA cell lights that have right at 100 lm output and great battery life. I think mine are E10 model, later replaced by the E12. For a small, pocket or EDC light, they are great. They use standard batteries but you could replace them with rechargeable AA if you wanted to. I never have.

I also have another Fenix model PD35. It is a fantastic light that can run on 18650 rechargeable. You will spend between $80-120 depending on what you get with the light but that will include a charger and battery. Max output is right at 1000 lm. It is a great, clean light output and has 5 levels of light.

Both are good values. I know you can buy a cheaper light for less money, and I have plenty of those, but it's good to have a quality torch when you need it.

coming from the old mag-lite ( 3D and 4D ) which I still have and own ( replaced bulbs with LED years ago ) I'm pretty sure there are better 8 lummens wise ) options there days .. but same quality .. .

The ones I have Mag - Lite one have close to 20 years with me ..

I've been a huge fan of Fenix lights for years!

If you're looking for a flashlight that is bombproof, works all the time, and has great customer service to back the product up, buy Fenix.

I have no relationship to the company, aside from being a happy customer.

We currently own a pair of ~ 5 year old units that take 4 AA batteries (E21BK); a rechargeable model that's been a mainstay of our homestead (RC10), and a number of E12 lights. I also gave my folks an RC15 for X-mas in 2014, and they love it.

If you need 100% reliability in a flashlight (aside from user-serviceable batteries), look no further.

https://www.fenixlighting.com/

i like my stream light stinger, good light out put and smaller size. i also have a stream light survivor for my turn out gear and thats excellent but its a right angle light

I ended up ordering these. I love(d) the rechargeable Fenix I had, but the :princess: has lost / misplaced it.

For now, these cheap units have been working great for taking our dogs out at night, and general use around the property.

On a whim, I ordered this unit, too.

Complete junk, don't waste your time / $$. Feels cheap, lens cover doesn't secure well. Throws a long beam, yes, but it's super narrow, and I think one drop / use in the wet, and it would be dead.

Fenix PD35 FTW. Solid performer. Get one when they go on sale.

Just clueless with all the options and figure there has to be some lighting folks here who have a solid opinion.

Not looking for cheap, but something that will last and hold a decent charge.

Thanks. Bill.
if you need light for real and need to be able to recharge a nitecore quadcore is it. 4000 lumens

Got a deal last month on a Klarus XT2CR with a back up battery. Happy so far, but curious to see how long batteries in these things hold up. The one posted above is far too large and bright for my needs, but see they make smaller ones that look like the Klarus. Not affiliated. httpww.klaruslight.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=128&id=159

I ended up ordering these. I love(d) the rechargeable Fenix I had, but the :princess: has lost / misplaced it.

For now, these cheap units have been working great for taking our dogs out at night, and general use around the property.
Update here. Turns out it was ME, not the :princess: who misplaced our rechargeable Fenix: I found it in a jacket pocket, and it's back in use.

On a whim, I ordered this unit, too.

Complete junk, don't waste your time / $$. Feels cheap, lens cover doesn't secure well. Throws a long beam, yes, but it's super narrow, and I think one drop / use in the wet, and it would be dead.
The lights I linked in my earlier post have been working really well, especially for the price. Even with temps near zero F here over the last week or so, no noticeable decrease in output during PM dog walks, etc.

Fenix PD35 & don't look back. Bomb proof.

$80 or so on Amazon, includes charger and two 18650 batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom