Registry Post Pics Of Your Modded 7x Series (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome. Register it as to it's place of origon/ if it was imported to Zland from somewhere else.

G'day guys and gals

Thought i would introduce myself before i start my own thread, currently living in Queensland Australia. Pictured is my 1986 RJ70 Bundera that i bought off a member on here ( strick i think ). The first picture is when i first got the Bundy, the second is how it sits now, bit of a diference :lol:

View attachment 1408546 View attachment 1408547
Like the rear bumper and tires. What size are those tires?

1993 FZJ75RV LX

IMG_20170630_151416_105.jpg

V worthy looking vehiclegot it posed nicely awesome. Both lockers locked?share some info why don't ya?
No lockers in this one, pretty basic setup its my daily/family car, 1fzfe extractors 2.5" exhaust, 2" old man emu leafs, 315/75r16 tyres -22 wheels need some -44s as they rub chassis leafs and body aha

1993 1PZ 3.9L 5 speed MT. Just picked her up! I have lots of plans and upgrades that I want to do but this is an original Japanese 70 series and I'm having trouble finding "American" parts that will work for this one. Any and all help is appreciated, i'm still learning. Thanks!!

D359F429-6906-42FB-B454-C1DEF2788F98_zpsawcicxl0-2.JPG

Last edited:

She is a Beauty ...I've been looking or a LHD 70 series troooy for years. I settled with a modded out 73 for now...I also have a 89 RJ70 I keep down in El Salvador . I searched for a 91 and older troopy for over a year and could never find one worth bringing back . Most all belong to NGO's or local government agencies ..,they run them into the ground and then cannibalise the parts to keep their fleets going. Enjoy!!

Got a email from ih8 mud asking to load pics of my modded 70 series rig. So with no more delays, I present to you my favorite truck and vehicle of all time ..,and I have had many over the years..my 1985 Bj73 powered by a LS3 putting kit 430hp, 6 speed auto 6l80e , 80'series transfer case, e lockers , BMW heated, seats, Alpine touch screen, lift kit, 4x4 labs rear bumper , ARB front , come up winch, ARB recovery gear, etc etc etc etc etc and did I say etc? Lol

Build credit goes to TORFAB .

Since I have owned it I have purchased a lot of overlanding equipment through Rugged Outfitters . I met Jeff the owner by a fluke when shopping form my trailer... Both great business owners and nice humble people. I can say if your in a hurry for equipment and need someone to go the extra mile , talk to Jeff Sikes at Rugged Outfitters ...both are Seattle area Business owners. I look forward to seeing what Jeff does in the future...he is a corporate aircraft mechanic full time and is wanting to start his own full time fabrication and outfitter shop.

In the future I plan on either wrapping the truck or repainting it in a tan or green...being ex Army and seeing them in their working environment...only three colors seem fitting to me , white , tan, and green.

IMG_9504.JPG

IMG_9549.JPG

IMG_9538.JPG

View attachment 1559386

IMG_9507.JPG

Got a email from ih8 mud asking to load pics of my modded 70 series rig. So with no more delays, I present to you my favorite truck and vehicle of all time ..,and I have had many over the years..my 1985 Bj73 powered by a LS3 putting kit 430hp, 6 speed auto 6l80e , 80'series transfer case, e lockers , BMW heated, seats, Alpine touch screen, lift kit, 4x4 labs rear bumper , ARB front , come up winch, ARB recovery gear, etc etc etc etc etc and did I say etc? Lol

Since I have owned it I have purchased a lot of overlanding equipment through Rugged Outfitters . I met Jeff the owner by a fluke when shopping form my trailer... Both great business owners and nice humble people. I can say if your in a hurry for equipment and need someone to go the extra mile , talk to Jeff Sikes at Rugged Outfitters ...both are Seattle area Business owners. I look forward to seeing what Jeff does in the future...he is a corporate aircraft mechanic full time and is wanting to start his own full time fabrication and outfitter shop.

In the future I plan on either wrapping the truck or repainting it in a tan or green...being ex Army and seeing them in their working environment...only three colors seem fitting to me , white , tan, and green.

View attachment 1559384

View attachment 1559387

View attachment 1559388

View attachment 1559386

View attachment 1559385

IMG_2882.JPG

IMG_8052.jpg

IMG_8090.JPG

IMG_8099.JPG

IMG_9547.JPG

Hello,

Just wanted to send greetings from Finland and share some pictures of my LJ70 -86. Currently stock engine and drivetrain, but C303 axles are waiting to get discs and some v6 or v8 engine with auto is planned to place in...

offroadjouni-lj-boggereilla.jpg

offroadjouni-lj-kivella.jpg

offroadjouni-nokia041204-1.jpg

/* Jouni */
swap a LS3 in her ...you won't be disappointed. Even a 5.3 liter Chevy would be a great option for your 70. The one thing all lancruisers need is more power, especially when we load them down with gear. I coule never figure out how Toyota sold so many 80 series in the states with the under powered engines they have . They make sense in a country with a 40 mph speed limit due to dirt roads....but not the USA or most European nations.

Last edited:

View attachment 1559384

View attachment 1559387

View attachment 1559388

View attachment 1559386

View attachment 1559385
Congrats on the purchase. I know it tore Tor up to let it go.

As the original owner/build sponsor, it does my heart good to see it go to a good and loving home. Please feel free to call, PM, email if you would like photos, stories, etc. about the truck from import to hand-off to Tor. Here are a couple of "before" photos to kick it off...

upload_2017-10-21_21-54-10.png

upload_2017-10-21_21-57-29.png

Congrats on the purchase. I know it tore Tor up to let it go.

As the original owner/build sponsor, it does my heart good to see it go to a good and loving home. Please feel free to call, PM, email if you would like photos, stories, etc. about the truck from import to hand-off to Tor. Here are a couple of "before" photos to kick it off...

View attachment 1559418

View attachment 1559419

I would love to hear the stories and get as much information possible about the build so I can keep it with the minimal information I already have. I'm trying to build Its own manual(bible).

I was planning on taking the BJ and my trailer to baja to live out of it this fall and winter but my step daughter became very ill . So eventually I will have some stories to tell about her.

I bet it was hard to let go of...I had to do the same with a 1971 Datun 510 I built years ago...it took me ten years to finish and thousands and thousands of hours searching for the parts needed. And the money It cost I'd rather not think about. :)

CENTER STAGE> JCCS Award Winning Sakura 510 | MotorMavens | Car Culture and Photography

Send me your contact info at your convienance and lets chat.
Thank you ,
Dom

Last edited:
PS - One last post on the 70 Pic Page/Thread

There are 40 pages of posts on my build thread for your 73 Dom - check it out and feel free to continue the posts there if you would like to continue the story.....

LSJ 73 Resto Mod - The Flying Burrito

I would love to hear the stories and get as much information possible about the build so I can keep it with the minimal information I already have. I'm trying to build Its own manual(bible).

I was planning on taking the BJ and my trailer to baja to live out of it this fall and winter but my step daughter became very ill . So eventually I will have some stories to tell about her.

I bet it was hard to let go of...I had to do the same with a 1971 Datun 510 I built years ago...it took me ten years to finish and thousands and thousands of hours searching for the parts needed. And the money It cost I'd rather not think about. :)

CENTER STAGE> JCCS Award Winning Sakura 510 | MotorMavens | Car Culture and Photography

Send me your contact info at your convienance and lets chat.
Thank you ,
Dom

I forgot that I haven’t posted a pic with my 80 series steelies and Toyo MTs: 285/75/16

I’ll be taking these tires off because MTs blow in the winter.

The M55’s go back on and will get studded for the Colorado winter months in the mountains.

DC916DC6-0B2A-4038-B4EB-9100AC0B05BF.jpeg

First vestiges of the approaching winter:

B90B10CD-8CAC-440B-A74E-A76D3A897D67.jpeg

A little peace and quiet after 4 years in the ATL megalopolis:

CA2CBE42-C3B7-4E04-A6B4-305A8857F402.jpeg

G'day guys and gals

Thought i would introduce myself before i start my own thread, currently living in Queensland Australia. Pictured is my 1986 RJ70 Bundera that i bought off a member on here ( strick i think ). The first picture is when i first got the Bundy, the second is how it sits now, bit of a diference :lol:

View attachment 1408546 View attachment 1408547
I have a rj70 I keep at the inlaws down in El Salvador . It's. 1989 and I love the thing , daily drive it when I'm there. The only issue I have with it , is no heater from the factory and it's not fuel injected . At altitude it is hard to keep running , especially when climbing inclines...gotta heal and toe that baby. I took her to the highest point in the country which was just over 10k feet or 3300 meters. I didn't even believe we were that high up...I had to verify with wiki. Lol

Nice ride and thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom