What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haha awesome, Nicely done Beno! I am kind of serious if you have a good block and crank laying around. Shipping might kill the deal but I can always ask since I am sure that corner of Colorado is more likely than just about anywhere to have decent old engine blocks and cranks ;)

All of these are sold. :)

Today marked the 2 year anniversary of when I got my Cruiser.

2 years and 23 thousand miles and I could't love it more.

It's changed a bit over the past few years

It has taken me a lot of cool places and has created a lot of good memories. Would never wanna drive anything else

Little me 2 years ago
you.jpg

20170624_153855.jpg

One year ago the day before I got my license
IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

Last edited:
More 1FZ short blocks than TMS, USA.

That's a great feeling. Making sure 1FZ blocks don't get discontinued. :)

View attachment 1556925

That picture is why there are pictures like this! Us meer mortals saluting you with perfect product placement!
image-jpeg.1267603

did they grade tray man road in the last year?
i plan on going up to frosty mtn soon,not sure if that road got fixed.

Tray Mountain road is actually pretty rough in spots right now. It's a lot of fun. A lot of work has been done recently to open the trail up after hurricane Irma put quite a few trees down over the trail. Thank you trail crews!! As always, the trails is better when run from east to west.

east to west is the best.
i was up 77 few days ago and it was a mud hole,when i got to 58a which is usually a mud hole it was graveled and none of the usual water filled holes on it.
last time i went up the road going to frosty mtn it had some bad spots also,but i had heard the forest service was going to fix it or gate it since it went to the back side of amicalola park

I was able to make another Run to Bald Mtn. Every year the 4x4Him.com club brings up troubled teens to go 4 wheeling. I was able to participate this year & had a great time.
Here is some vid.

Bought a lift for my tiny workshop. Been waiting for a real pole barn addition and can wait no longer so it'll be a tight fit. Needed the 80 at work so I could slip in some rack development work so it got the nod for trailer hauling. Pulled great.
20171018_150622.jpg

Not the weekend but finally got around to replacing the alt/fan belt. Realized there should have been 2 of them, and the only one I had on there was complete garbage. :doh:

IMG_9686.JPG

Not the weekend but finally got around to replacing the alt/fan belt. Realized there should have been 2 of them, and the only one I had on there was complete garbage. :doh:

View attachment 1557662

That's the stuff of nightmares right there.......

I was able to make another Run to Bald Mtn. Every year the 4x4Him.com club brings up troubled teens to go 4 wheeling. I was able to participate this year & had a great time.
Here is some vid.

10 spotters and 1 driver :rofl:

At 122,500 it was time for a regear to 4.88's. The "while you're there" is strong with this project. Rebuilt front axle with new bearings and seals, rebuilt rear axle with new bearings and seals. New front brake pads, rotors, and calipers(rebuilt NAPA), new rear pads and rotors, new Toyota U-joints, swapped sides on the birfs, and obviously, new gears, gear oil and grease in the knuckles. Just went with Toyota orange FIPG instead of the gasket on the diffs.

Zuk at gearinstalls.com is the man in getting the gears installed quickly and more importantly correctly with some great communication in between.

Overall, it was a straightforward job, the only real challenges for me were bench pressing the diffs when removing and installing and not realizing that the front diff will not reinstall with the tie rod attached. Had to pull the tie rod and I replaced the ends. They came off the steering arms with some heat and some pounding fairly easy, but it took a lot more heat and pounding to get the ends off the rod.

IMG_6156.JPG
IMG_6316.JPG
IMG_6339.JPG

Here is some vid.

i love the fj cruiser rims. Do they require a spacer to run them.

View attachment 1557662

Dang! Dodged a bullet. Good to have two belts on for redundancy like Mr T intended. Glad all is still working. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom