Parts for 1987 LJ70: Oil filter and Owners manual (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
the911den.com
Hello everyone,

I've used the USA parts availability thread from this forum with good success and have ordered many correct parts for my '87 LJ. Thank you to all the contributors! I am having trouble obtaining a correct oil filter for my 2.4 2LT engine. The 90915-YZZ03 filter is 1/2 the size of the filter I need. The only number on my filter is Denso 115010-0028. Anyone know if I can get a filter through the dealer or any other source? Any source for an owners manual? Source for other manuals in English? Thank you very much!
Leonard

Hi!
Oil Filter OEM code is 90915TD004!

You can Purchase in Ebay for around 10$

90915TD004.jpg

Hello everyone,

I've used the USA parts availability thread from this forum with good success and have ordered many correct parts for my '87 LJ. Thank you to all the contributors! I am having trouble obtaining a correct oil filter for my 2.4 2LT engine. The 90915-YZZ03 filter is 1/2 the size of the filter I need. The only number on my filter is Denso 115010-0028. Anyone know if I can get a filter through the dealer or any other source? Any source for an owners manual? Source for other manuals in English? Thank you very much!
Leonard

You are fine using the 90915-YZZD3. It will work perfectly and at about $4.00 each is a no brainer.

Leonard, the service manuals come up on eBay fairly often if you have patience. I was impatient and spent the money on the Max Ellery manual and wish I hadn't. Recommend just waiting for the right ones to come up for auction. They are out there.

IMG_3621.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you for the replies. I found a WIX filter 51515 which was basically the same size as the 15600-41010 originally listed. Wix list this filter as being for a Toyota 2.4 turbo diesel. The dealer got the superseded filter of 90915-yzzd3 as mentioned above. That filter was so much smaller I was afraid to use it. I'm sure its fine though now that others have endorsed it.

I'm watching ebay for the manuals, thank you!

That TD004 filter looks more like the original filter. I'll watch for that on ebay as well.

Thank you everyone for the replies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom