What did you do with your Tundra or Sequoia this weekend? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Explored a waterfall.

Extended weekend: Watched the eclipse as a cloud blew in just before totality. Probably not as cool as an unobstructed view but the could played with the different light angles and caused some neat effects.

Then drove a dirt road to a scenic overlook. The way in caught sun watcher exit traffic of rental compact cars and signs of their wheel spin were dug all over the inclines. Coming out had me behind a jeep club that felt the need to use 4 low the whole way. Pretty view, but IH8Traffic.
IMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

I installed my GTA aux input kit in my '05 sequoia. I had to bite the bullet and go with the GTA kit because my '05 has factory Nav and rear DVD and the cheaper kits don't work with this setup. It is so nice not having to listen to the regular radio or my 2004 and older CD's.

Added a spacer lift to the front and tricked the rear air suspension as well last weekend. Gained about 1.5" in the front and about an 1" in the back. Also added a front diff drop kit, front axles look pretty flat so hopefully I don't have CV boot failures. I'd like to ditch the side steps but that isn't going to fly with the wife who is pregnant right now. Hoping to mod some generic Trail Gear sliders in the summer so I can ditch the stock steps then.

20171203_143456.jpg

Reactions: Nay
Took the coa4wdci raffle jeep to buena vista, truck returned happy to have 4 letter word off

20171208_181026.jpg

Put on a new set of T/A KO2 -285/70/17 - and went fishing.

How do you like that size, are you on the stock gearing? I went 265/70/17 but now with my lift they seem small but I didn't want to have the slugishness I had in my 80 series by running a 33" tire on the stock gears. I go to the mountains 1-3 times a month so my truck sees peaks around 7k feet and where my aunt and uncle live its about 4600 feet so I would prefer to not regear.

Bought a camper top that was already same color for $30! Loaded her up and hit the hunting land a few hours away. Liking the new look. Especially for 30 bucks...

IMG_20171201_163421701_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171203_151852998_HDR.jpg

nice!!
i took a buddy a few hours away to pick up a new to him fj60, then we stopped in town for lunch. can't get the picture to load right side up...stupid computers

20171217_120802.jpg

@bmwjnky

How do you like that size, are you on the stock gearing? - Stock gearing. Spent a lot of miles on the highway last week from Roscommon to Marquette MI. Over a thousand miles in the storm. No issues on highway and no issues this weekend two-tracking back into swamps looking for steelhead. Those T/A KO2 were like magnets. I passed multiple cars in the ditch and even watched one spin out right in front of me and gently braked to a stop on the very pavement that sent the Jeep in front of me into a tailspin/ditch dump. I couldn’t be happier with the tires. No re-gearing, no lift/spacer - just slapped them on. I don’t rock crawl and my offroading is limited to seasonally maintained roads, deep snow, and sand while fishing and hunting.

@bmwjnky

How do you like that size, are you on the stock gearing? - Stock gearing. Spent a lot of miles on the highway last week from Roscommon to Marquette MI. Over a thousand miles in the storm. No issues on highway and no issues this weekend two-tracking back into swamps looking for steelhead. Those T/A KO2 were like magnets. I passed multiple cars in the ditch and even watched one spin out right in front of me and gently braked to a stop on the very pavement that sent the Jeep in front of me into a tailspin/ditch dump. I couldn’t be happier with the tires. No re-gearing, no lift/spacer - just slapped them on. I don’t rock crawl and my offroading is limited to seasonally maintained roads, deep snow, and sand while fishing and hunting.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably go that size once my 265's are worn out.

@bmwjnky

Thanks for the info. I'll probably go that size once my 265's are worn out.

6C22505C-1EB5-4E4C-8CF6-8873F1340568.jpeg

Getting 285/75r17 KO2 installed on my 2007 tundra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom