Coolant leaking at T shaped plastic heater hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A few weeks ago I had my cooling system completely flushed and replaced at a fair price by my local Toyota dealer. I wanted to ensure all the green coolant was removed from the system.

My PHH is done but it looks like I have a crack or something at the T hose in the left side of the block on the firewall. There was some red coolant dried up there.

Does anybody know how difficult this would be to replace and have the part number?

Here you go
‏‏לכידה.JPG

So, it looks like the dealer was completely incorrect to no surprise.

As I thought, I have a replaced brass aftermarket fitting which is not leaking. What is leaking is the heater hose which is a standard OEM hose underneath connected towards the firewall at the bottom of the T. I have the HPS heater hose kit installed which i believe did not include these hoses.

I have another leak from the other OEM hose on the bottom right of the front heater hose setup. So I will be replacing these and going from there.

What’s the issue with HPS silicon?

Don't even LOOK at that heater control valve funny, withhout having a spare on hand. Typically, the moment you take a hose off, the whole thing crumbles like a vampire at dawn...

Don't even LOOK at that heater control valve funny, withhout having a spare on hand. Typically, the moment you take a hose off, the whole thing crumbles like a vampire at dawn...

In addition if the heater control valve is original chances are the flapper valve inside the valve is bad letting coolant bypass. Replace it at the same time is a good idea going forward if you are already there.

Recently changed my heater control valve because it looked horrible and the hoses needed replacing too. I was surprised that it didn't crumble to bits but while cleaning it out there were so many tiny particles draining out (for a long time). So I believe these disintegrate from the inside out. Those particles block the valve and cause it to function poorly for a long time before it fails.

Yes. I've seen many people use these kits and I have seen them recommended on MUD quite a bit.

My PHH is already done with this kit.

Also Beno is currently not taking orders.

my PHH is done with HPS silicon and I am going to redo this with OEM or Gats green strip and constant torque clamps and forget about this for meany years

There were many threads about this subject I can't find the one with the movie of catastrophic failure of silicon PHH it bursts like a fountain

Most of the 80 went over 100K on OEM PHH and when rubber olds it become hard and creaks around the band and you get small leaks that gives you worming the PO drove with a PHH leak for 2 years adding tap water every few days

Silicon become soft when olds

I did my engine with this kit 3 mounts ago and already the main radiator hose deformed :(

I am going to redo all engine houses back to OEM and Gats green stripe

my PHH is done with HPS silicon and I am going to redo this with OEM or Gats green strip and constant torque clamps and forget about this for meany years

There were many threads about this subject I can't find the one with the movie of catastrophic failure of silicon PHH it bursts like a fountain

Most of the 80 went over 100K on OEM PHH and when rubber olds it become hard and creaks around the band and you get small leaks that gives you worming the PO drove with a PHH leak for 2 years adding tap water every few days

Silicon become soft when olds

I did my engine with this kit 3 mounts ago and already the main radiator hose deformed :(

I am going to redo all engine houses back to OEM and Gats green stripe
Silicone bleeds water over time (is permeable to water), concentrating your coolant mixture. I doubt it's an issue with the PHH, but I wouldn't plumb the whole cooling system with it unless I planned to flush-and-replace a few times a year...

Yes. I've seen many people use these kits and I have seen them recommended on MUD quite a bit.

My PHH is already done with this kit.

Also Beno is currently not taking orders.

I will correct this: I am indeed taking orders and working.

I’m just not accepting any new MUD clients.

Silicone bleeds water over time (is permeable to water), concentrating your coolant mixture. I doubt it's an issue with the PHH, but I wouldn't plumb the whole cooling system with it unless I planned to flush-and-replace a few times a year...

I thought the whole point of using silicone was to use a hose with a higher temperature tolerance. These hoses seem to hold up really well over time and are mainly used at common points of failure, the rest I have are OEM.

I’m certainly not going to go and just take the dang things off

Well, you could just replumb the entire system with inner braided Tygon. That way, you can watch you coolant running around in the system; It'll look sexy ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom