KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) for 200s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruzerDave

Land Shark Outfitters
Threads
Website
landsharkoutfitters.com
<LATEST POST In This Thread: KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) for 200s>

200 series - Kiss me.jpg

Congratulations to @milkyxj, for blazing the trail and adapting a set of 100 Series KISS drawers into his 200 series:

KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) For 100 Series

200 KISS drawers

milkyxj-200 series-750.jpg

Based on his work, and emails I've received, I have decided to create a 200-specific set of KISS Drawers next.

To do this I am asking for your help in finding:

1) a test mule in Central Oregon to measure, and work with me testing the fit of pieces as I iterate & set up production,

2) Information on ANY differences in rear design, trim, options, or changes, Land Cruiser or LX, that might affect the design.

If you're interested in being the test mule, please PM me or email landsharkoutfitters@gmail.com.

If you know of any differences, or positively no changes, on anything from row 2 seat reclining to row 3 brackets to subwoofer boxes to whatever lease post here, so that anyone looking to build their own drawers someday can also benefit.

If you're unfamiliar with KISS Drawers please check out the website:
Land Shark Outfitters

or either of these threads:

KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) For 100 Series

KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) for 80s

Thanks!
Dave

Last edited:
Options are good, and some of us do appreciate AFFORDABLE options. :)

I love my ARB drawers, but the wanna-be carpenter in me (and a carpenter I ain't) always appreciates these solutions, and those willing to build them.

Beyond being affordable, it's a well designed product and utilizes high quality materials. More usable drawer space than most other systems. Very satisfied with the KISS system in my truck.

Options are good, and some of us do appreciate AFFORDABLE options. :)
I love my ARB drawers, but the wanna-be carpenter in me (and a carpenter I ain't) always appreciates these solutions, and those willing to build them.
Agreed - and frankly I think it's fun to tweak and modify and customize... most sets don't lend themselves to that, whereas plywood is about as friendly of a material as you can find.

Beyond being affordable, it's a well designed product and utilizes high quality materials. More usable drawer space than most other systems. Very satisfied with the KISS system in my truck.
Thank you :cheers:

I forgot to comment on timing - I have materials now to start test-fitting, so I just need a Central Oregon volunteer to help out with measurements. I've got Deschutes Brewery beer to offer and a discount on your set...

Assuming I find someone local soon I can have these for sale next month.

I’m in, especially if you can confirm fitment in LX570
That is the plan, yes. Tough to confirm until I have one of each in front of me to confirm no differences between LC & LX, but in the 80s and 100s there weren't so I am optimistic.

Any idea what the weight is of this system vice the ARB?
I have read others saying 160, and another 180lbs, but I can not confirm myself as ARB doesn't list the information on its website. If anyone knows please chime in?

KISS Drawers for 200 sound like they will be almost identical to 80 & 100 series, so you're looking at around 104 lbs, total.

When researching your build plan though, remember that because the ultra-low profile slides used in KISS Drawers give you a healthy amount MORE storage space (in the same footprint), it's possible to load even MORE weight into them than ARB/Drifta/etc. So while you save on the drawer weight, your drawer+load weight may be more ;) YMMV

Looks good! More options to the community the better. The only thing I'd be worried about is the amount of dumb/unnecessary things I carry in my "tools" drawer might be a bit much for these. But I carry WAY too much stuff in my drawers. For every other normal, non-packrat, person these will be a great option. :)

Looks good! More options to the community the better. The only thing I'd be worried about is the amount of dumb/unnecessary things I carry in my "tools" drawer might be a bit much for these. But I carry WAY too much stuff in my drawers. For every other normal, non-packrat, person these will be a great option. :)
Maybe you just need to organize them? ;)

I'll be opening sales on Chum Buckets when I launch my new shopping cart this weekend: Land Shark Outfitters

Yay! After @milkyxj posted his set, I did email you and am glad you’re moving forward with it. Thanks again and wish I could help as a mule but I’m in CA.

Maybe you just need to organize them? ;)

I'll be opening sales on Chum Buckets when I launch my new shopping cart this weekend: Land Shark Outfitters

Haha. Oh it's a disaster in those drawers!
I've actually been shopping for new bags for the tools recently. I liked the Blue Ridge but don't want to sell a limb to get a set. I really like what you have listed. So I'll definitely keep those in mind!

Haha. Oh it's a disaster in those drawers!
I've actually been shopping for new bags for the tools recently. I liked the Blue Ridge but don't want to sell a limb to get a set. I really like what you have listed. So I'll definitely keep those in mind!

I was thinking you already had one of the BlueRidge tool bags with 6 smaller bags inside?

One SUPER inexpensive item I use in my drawers came from Target...and they are simple, rectangular bins, with a shallower nesting bin on top. Super helpful, and fit the ARB height perfectly. I think they might fit similarly in yours... I'll try to shoot a photo.

I was thinking you already had one of the BlueRidge tool bags with 6 smaller bags inside?

One SUPER inexpensive item I use in my drawers came from Target...and they are simple, rectangular bins, with a shallower nesting bin on top. Super helpful, and fit the ARB height perfectly. I think they might fit similarly in yours... I'll try to shoot a photo.

Yup, I bought them for my "camping" drawer. Helped enormously. But something more sturdy and rugged like those Chum Buckets are needed for my tools and spare parts.

Edit: Well I just placed an order for a set of bags from Dave. They're just what I was looking for to replace these $5 Harbor Freight bags that broke on the first use. Looking forward to giving them a go! Let me know when the Chum Bucket is available. That'll suit my power tools nicely.

Last edited:
I know the LX570 has power 3rd row seats, not sure how much that affects what is going on in the rear of them. I would recommend trying to find a Lexus as a test mule if you can just to see the difference. I can always post pictures of anything in my Toyota to compare it to. I just need to get a fridge slide & fridge going to have my setup finished. Can't decide between a plain slide or the AT slide with the stove in it (hard to swallow $800 for the slide + the cost of the stove). I may just stick with my jetboil.

I know the LX570 has power 3rd row seats, not sure how much that affects what is going on in the rear of them. I would recommend trying to find a Lexus as a test mule if you can just to see the difference. I can always post pictures of anything in my Toyota to compare it to. I just need to get a fridge slide & fridge going to have my setup finished. Can't decide between a plain slide or the AT slide with the stove in it (hard to swallow $800 for the slide + the cost of the stove). I may just stick with my jetboil.

Same 4 bolts and a wiring harness AFAIK.

Finally! Friend has these in his 100. Best thing going IMO. Fit/finish and lack of weight remarkable!

Nice to see the option available to the folks with 200s.

Bumperino, still looking for a local - I'll attend my club meeting and ask around in a few weeks, but would like to get it moving before then...?

Still no test mule but I want to hash out two things here that anyone interested with a tape measure can do, plus a little community debate...

1) width between fenders. It sounds like current setup is a titch too wide, but can we get a few numbers from a few different years to confirm that they are the same, and what the smallest point between them is?

2) This is where the community debate kicks in - sleeping height. I sized the current setup to be the perfect height for the 100 series, which fold almost flat. The 80 seats keep a healthy angle so you really need either a whole dedicated platform or (the simple way) a foam or air mattress to help level it out. But I have no idea on the 200s- if a few people could take pictures of their seats folded, how high the rear of the seat is and the front, maybe even with a straight edge or t-square to help us all visualize, it would be great.

If we see a slant to the seats the question then becomes how we deal with it - taller drawers (lower headroom when sleeping) vs extra padding on the drawers, sloping up to the top of the seats (a bit of an angle then)?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom