Road trip! Victoria Island BC to Spring Branch Texas in a hj61 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Jim @CenTXFJ60 and I are headed up to Seattle Saturday morning, renting a car and driving up to Victoria to pick up an hj61. The plan is to drop the rental car back off in Seattle and find a scenic route back to Texas camping along the way. Being in the Northwest I'm sure there's not going to be a shortage of awesome scenery and interesting weather. We're hoping for the best and planning for the worst. I'm packing a hefty tool bag for the trip in case anything goes awry. Hopefully we will have an opportunity to connect with some mud guys along the way.

When I bought my first 40 seven years ago I wasn't involved on mud really so I didn't have a thread for the 17xx some odd mile trip home. Now one of my favorite things to read about on here are cruiser purchases that involve a road trip to get them home. There's just something exciting about the open road and the uncertainty of driving an old cruiser through some desolate places. I'll try to keep this updated with our progress along the way and as always post some cool pictures.

IMG951821.jpg

Last edited:
Safe travels, going to be an awesome trip!!! Definitely hit up the Seattle area Mud guys if you want to meet up... and let us admire a 12ht :cheers:

What is the timetable for the return trip? I have a a few ideas on routes in WA.

You know I'll need to get Jim to chime in on that. I know that Saturday will be a full day between driving/ferrying up to radd cruisers and then another ferry back across and swinging by EBI on the mainland and returning the rental car.

Last edited:
You know I'll need to get Jim to chime in on that. I know that Saturday will be a full day between driving/ferrying up to radd cruisers and then another ferry back across and swinging by EBI on the main land and returning the rental car.

Sunday Would be the day to drive the cascades (looking like a sunny clear day)

You know I'll need to get Jim to chime in on that. I know that Saturday will be a full day between driving/ferrying up to radd cruisers and then another ferry back across and swinging by EBI on the mainland and returning the rental car.
Roma nailed the schedule. I’m meeting another mudder to grab a few parts. Our goal will be to get back to the Seattle area Sunday late afternoon. Then we are free lancing from there :). Looking forward to this trip. Having a hard time sleeping the closer we get to Saturday.

Swing through Lubbock when you guys make it to Texas! Not much to see around here, but it'd be cool to meet you guys
Hey Dixon, we hope to spend the night at Mcguires either Tuesday or Wednesday depending on how the trip goes. Look forward to meeting you.

Im looking at different routes. I think one of the more scenic routes would be heading out 90 to Butte or a bit past and heading south through Idaho possibly the island park area and down to SLC. OR the most direct would be follow 84 through Oregon and Boise.

In order, I've done it the other direction.
Salt Lake City, I hear there is a cool Cruiser Museum there?! South to stop by Woody's shop. Take in Bryce Canyon, Zion Park and N side
of Grand Canyon. Continue through to Valley of the Monuments, Durango and into Southern Colorado. You could swing by Telluride,
Ouray and maybe drive Black Bear Canyon road. Then over to Colorado Springs and south from there.
That's the scenic route I've travelled back and forth on. .02

Roma nailed the schedule. I’m meeting another mudder to grab a few parts. Our goal will be to get back to the Seattle area Sunday late afternoon. Then we are free lancing from there :). Looking forward to this trip. Having a hard time sleeping the closer we get to Saturday.

shoot same here Im getting restless to hit the road since my trip starts in about 4hrs.

Im driving to Hot Springs Arkansas this evening to pick up some cruiser parts and then another 8.5hr jaunt in the morning down to Spring Branch.

Hope you have a great trip...beer and BBQ are on me if you stop by Austin before San Antone!

I got a ticket to Seattle and I don't have a passport, so I'm gonna be hanging out till Sunday when they roll back through. Does anyone local wanna hang?

I got a ticket to Seattle and I don't have a passport, so I'm gonna be hanging out till Sunday when they roll back through. Does anyone local wanna hang?
MJ...you’ll have to find some entertainment until Roma and I get back to Seattle on Sunday. We will have an awesome time road tripping from Seattle to TX.

I might have some time on Saturday afternoon. Not sure what the other guys are up to.

You know you don't need a passport to drive across the boarder, right?

@Kleatus @red66toy

I might have some time on Saturday afternoon. Not sure what the other guys are up to.

You know you don't need a passport to drive across the boarder, right?

@Kleatus @red66toy
i did not know that. I thought Canada required a passport. So I already changed Mcguires flight and he’s landing in Salt Lake Monday afternoon (just did this). This way he’s not waiting around for us and there’s a possibility we may not have room for him if we end up with a bunch of parts etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom