Alternator Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So currently where is the most st optimal place to get a remanufacture Denso from the sequoia...?

All shops where close during the night and none the of the usual suspects show any in stock and I need to fix my truck Pronto..

I just put in this Denso 130amp alt. on my 07' LX.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027RSOWU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks to the install info on this thread and the alternator tips thread , it was an easy install, 2 hours. I didn't remove the radiator hose, I only unbolted the power steering pulley and finessed the alternator out the bottom. Maybe I was lucky, the clip on the back of the alt. was easy to remove. Trickiest part was getting the serpentine belt back on right, thanks to my 5-months-pregnant-wife for wrenching on the tensioner while I set the serpentine in place...

2sz2T8Z.jpg

SFQLiDQ.jpg

Sorry for asking such Naive questions..

I have no dash lights besides the turn signals, high beam and seat belt warning sign, nothing else is working..

Check fuse #25 on the kick panel, all fine, they are ALL fine, those this mean I need a new alternator..?? Or is some simple I did not check, maybe even a short or something..?

Polar bear needs to be 100% bullet proof because I transport my kiddos around, so the uncertainty is killing me (I'm looking for a 150A sequoia replacement but so far not much luck..)

You shouldn't need to "top off" the battery on a charger, the alternator should keep it charged just fine. If the truck is running fine and all those lights are out, I'd look at the cluster, because you're talking about 4 lights out of maybe a dozen+ (night time lights, CEL, VSC, etc.)

You shouldn't need to "top off" the battery on a charger, the alternator should keep it charged just fine. If the truck is running fine and all those lights are out, I'd look at the cluster, because you're talking about 4 lights out of maybe a dozen+ (night time lights, CEL, VSC, etc.)
I can not afford to get stranded with the kiddos..

The whole cluster is dead, no speedo, tac, no gear indicator, no background lights..

Before I install the new battery, I charged the older one but the truck stop running about 20 miles, lucky me I got the Optima in the trunk so she t was only matter if f sealing them..

Where else do I look for issues..??

Did a short out all the bulbs, all at ones..??

Then your cluster needs to be reseated in the mounting pegs. If you've had it out to replace a bulb they are very finicky about getting put back into perfect alignment with the connectors on the back.
I will check but I have no touch it at all

I did take out the crapoy head unit and I'm afraid a wire made a short, I was very careful, I put electrical tape on the ends but I'm clueless about electrical stuff

Hey thanks for all the help

Where do I check (I have no voltmeter, actually I have very few tools at the moment all in storage) but I don't want to get stranded again...
You need to pick up a multimeter. $15-20 Amazon unit would be fine. Can’t really troubleshoot without one.

I end up ordering a sequoia alternator just to be sure (mechanical things I do get, electrify I don't)

Peace of mind is very important for me this days and so far Polar bear has been the most reliable, trustworthy vehicle I own, even more and e than my GS motorcycles that have millions of miles on them...(actually only 362,000 in one of them) and way more than the old and super slow diesel Gwagens we use in the field..

Thanks for all the advice, this forum is so wonderful I just feel as cover as with my old unit comrades..

Now to find the silly connector plug and have it ready for the weekend..

Muchas gracias

Ricky

Last edited:
My alternator is a 100% FUBAR, glad the new one is coming tomorrow..

Only issue now is that none of the three dealers (plus two lexus) I call in minneapolis have the small plastic sockets, so I will need to find one on the net and get it send before the weekend..

The 98-02 replacement Denso alternators are 100A and use the 3-pin plug. The '03+ 130A or Sequoia 150A alternators both use the same connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom