New LX450! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks good. Do you raise the valve or lower it? I always get confused about iy.

I almost asked the same question. Also, what bushings are those? Mine came with yellow poly inserts, and only two of them.

Looks good. Do you raise the valve or lower it? I always get confused about iy.

Lowered, it seemed to be the consensus on here on mud MUD, and it makes since. The suspension went lower (relative to the frame), so the valve should go low too. I used a punch and made 2 marks on the valve body and mount for reference. It seems like the brakes are better but I haven't had a chance to fully test yet.

20171010_164748.jpg

Last edited:
I almost asked the same question. Also, what bushings are those? Mine came with yellow poly inserts, and only two of them.

I did a ton of reading on various shocks and found mixed reviews on the Nitros, Bilstiens, KYB, rancho etc...but mostly good feedback for the Doestch shocks. Many of them started with "for the price..." because they were cheap, about $200 for the set and I couldn't stomach the price for Fox or Icons. And I was able to call the company and speak with an employ that helped me choose.

Plus, I probably wouldn’t know if the Doestch suck because shocks that came on the truck were so bad anything would be an improvement; The passenger rear was covered in its own fluids and had zero damping.

The caster bushings came from Slee, made by Dobinson. They are adjustable and work up to 4" lift. I assume they are easier to install since there’s no outer metal sleeve. I used a rubber mallet to tap them into place.

I've got OME 2.5" heavy package from slee and it came with two caster bushings. It took a 12t press to install them. How much lift did you get after install?

80 brakes on a built truck are :poop:

I've got OME 2.5" heavy package from slee and it came with two caster bushings. It took a 12t press to install them. How much lift did you get after install?

I didn't do a very good before and after but I think I'm about 3.5 rear and 3 in the front. Thats with no spare and spare carrier removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom