Reset "Maintenance Required" light? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bighead

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Threads
Does anybody have the procedures to reset the "Maintenance Required" light on an '04 LC?

Thanks for the help.

well on the LS430 I set the trip so it doesnt display, it just shows the odometer then turn the ignition off. Then hold the reset for the trip down and turn the key to the on position while keeping the reset depressed, it clears it and resets it.

Not sure if The toyota is different, as my LX doesnt have the maint reqd light...but i assume they are the same, try it.

1loudLX is right, it is the same proceedure for the LC.

Is there a way to turn it off forever??

After my alternator went out, and after I replaced it, my 'maintenance required' light flashes for a few seconds on startup then goes away.

I ran a diagnostic check with my scan tool and no codes. I'm baffled as to why the light goes on and then disappears...

It's doing that to remind you that there is maintenance required soon. Eventually it will remain on solid until you do the reset. It's just set to warn you in mileage increments based on the last time the light was reset. There will be no codes with it, it's just a gentile reminder to change your oil or whatever else may be due.

Thanks for the tip, this worked for me. I saw other instructions that said you should start in trip mode but that does not work. As stated by @1loudLX you need to turn the car off when Trip A is cleared and you are in the mileage reading. Hold the rest button/stick down and turn the key back to On and it will blink then reset

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom