The definitive, "Found a good deal on CL" thread (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^^^^BA, ha ha ha ha ha....what he said

Aren't naugas on the endangered list now? A whole naugahyde roof could run you $$$.

That's gotta be a first. The ENTIRE (steel) roof is missing but, hey man, it's all good. It's a desert bomber!

That's gotta be a first. The ENTIRE (steel) roof is missing but, hey man, it's all good. It's a desert bomber!
Maybe it is his version of air conditioning.

Maybe it is his version of air conditioning.

That was on CL for a while a few months back. I figured someone bought it when it disappeared, but its's back and more badasser than ever:hillbilly:

No affiliation:

1983 FJ60 Toyota Landcruiser, rust free from Arizona - Expedition Portal

1983 FJ60 Toyota Landcruiser, rust free from Arizona
Rust free 1983 Toyota FJ60 with 151k miles...Bought this as a project as the engine bay had a fire and most of one side had all the rubber/hose/etc. burned and destroyed.. I replaced it all with original used FJ60 parts and have it running now (still needs some fine tuning, the carb base has a vacuum leak, etc) and it will move. Hardest part was the entire front wiring harness which was entirely pulled and replaced, not hacked up and patched.
To make things easier, I pulled the front clip off and stored it at a relatives barn which to my dismay, collapsed and ruined all those parts.. I found another set of front bumbers/inner wheel wells/hood that are a fair match and also rust free.
This being from Arizona/Nevada does not have any rust on the frame/body/axles/bolts/etc.. Being able to take parts off and on is so much easier than fighting corrosion!
Body was repainted at some point and is not very good, does not leak, and will make a great restoration project or just finish up things as is and drive..

Items that need attentions still:
Paint!
Carb base plate gaskets (included but I am out of time, wife wants in the garage)
Front clip is loosely attached making it easier to prepare for paint or just finish bolting it up to keep as is..
Dash is cracked up and not attached as I was going to replace it
Needs rear cargo area carpet and side panels, the rest is good
Seats are worn
Windshield has a crack
Front passenger side door panel, threw it out as it was bad..
Windshield wiper motor needs to be installed/linkeage needs a plastic bushing
Area of paint on the frame by the fire burned off and that has a small amount of surface rust...
Title is clear EXCEPT for the miles.. It says not actual mileage but that is due to someone transferring the title and not knowing the exact mileage.. It is off by a few thousand. (see one of the pics for mileage history)

Included is the entire AC system and several used lines I picked up. Not sure if the compressor is any good... I also have the old wiring harness, lots of vacuum lines, and other misc. items...
Brand new battery in the engine bay is NOT included as it is my son's which I borrowed to get the engine fired up...

In the photos, I included some of the underside where you will see how clean the frame/axles/body are and the only brown or rust color is from dirt! I know FJ60 rust buckets are going for 3-4500, this one is about as good as you can get in being rust free.

Video of it running from a few days ago..

Photos of it:
1983 FJ60

Best offer over $4000, located in Tucson AZ Email is best: drespecki@gmail.com

This anyone's here? Anyone know anything about it? I have a buddy looking and he sent this over.

Lifted 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser Collectors Edition 163k miles

01717_9NXOSWmD6Md_600x450.jpg

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser Collectors Edition. Only 163k miles on it and in great shape. I have the title and all receipts from when it was new until now. It has a 2" Old Man Emu lift and five 285/75/16 BFG all terrains. This cruiser does NOT have front and rear diff locks. I am the 3rd owner and have owned it for a few months with the plan of turning it into an expedition vehicle. No rush to sell, I have decided to focus my attention on my truck.

The original owner bought it new on the east coast and brought it to AZ, and the 2nd owner had it for 14 years here in AZ so there is zero rust.

The previous owner had someone pull out in front of them right before I purchased it. All that was affected was the stock front bumper and bumper filler.

Since owning it I have done the following over the last few months -

-Spark plugs, cap, wires, rotor
-New intake tube
-New air filter
-Oil change and tire rotation
-Alignment
-New EGR modulator
-Shop fixed stuck EGR valve, monitor completes fine now and no CEL
-New hood struts
-New Trail Gear stinger bumper with matte black powdercoat
-New grill
-New bumper filler
-New rear door sensor
-New driver side power mirror
-Fixed both power seats
-New brake booster check valve
-New windshield wipers
-All 4 fender flares professionally repainted
-New battery

Minor things I didn't get to:

-Antenna motor works but needs a new mast, they are under $40 and an hour of your time.
-The power door lock behind the passenger seat doesn't unlock with the button, the one behind the driver does sometimes.
-Bottom cushion of drivers seat is torn as is common with a 20 year old Land Cruiser.
-Trip meter doesn't work

No trades, no PayPal, will not ship, and I don't need help selling. This is a nice low mile 80 series and I am not here to waste your time, please don't waste mine.

$11,500

206-300-zero eight two three

Text preferred

Restored 1979 Toyota FJ43 Land Cruiser FJ40

http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...fj43-land-cruiser-fj40.1259639/#post-33365912

Fully Restored nut and bolt, frame off 1979 Toyota FJ43 with custom fixed hard top built by TerraCruisers of Florida. $60k+ restoration with most items newly replaced during resto. Full details of truck can be found here:
TerraCruisers - Built to Last -
Exterior Stripes changed out to period correct post delivery along with hubcap additions and retro sound stereo upgrade. Been sitting for 12 months due to travel and home projects. Would love to get it out of my driveway to free up some space for a new house addition. Only around 120 miles on rebuild. Will assist with transport or shipping. $35,000 OBO. Priced to sell. PM with questions

http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...fj43-land-cruiser-fj40.1259639/#post-33365912

Fully Restored nut and bolt, frame off 1979 Toyota FJ43 with custom fixed hard top built by TerraCruisers of Florida. $60k+ restoration with most items newly replaced during resto. Full details of truck can be found here:
Exterior Stripes changed out to period correct post delivery along with hubcap additions and retro sound stereo upgrade. Been sitting for 12 months due to travel and home projects. Would love to get it out of my driveway to free up some space for a new house addition. Only around 120 miles on rebuild. Will assist with transport or shipping. $35,000 OBO. Priced to sell. PM with questions

This is a pre 79 Land Cruiser. The locally made top in Columbia has been bondo to the tub. Other things have that rounded bondo look. For that kind of money would have removed that plate where the heater blower goes and installed a factory heater. If your doing a true ground up restore not that big a deal with the removable plate for the blower already there.

What is the status of this?

Is this still for sale?
^^^^ still churning it would seem.

Found here also on expo:

La Aduana: Fully Restored 1979 FJ43 Land Cruiser
thanks, couldn't find how to contact seller. Advrider link wasn't working for me..

looks like a top notch resto-mod 40. nice to at least look close at the pics and drool a little :hillbilly:

1969 FJ40 Land Cruiser

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom