Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Weld on some patches!!

I might have an earlier carb base. I can bring to FC, if you want.

That would be great if you have one. Although I have a feeling there may be other culprits after reading Ryan's response.

There's also a guy that supposed to be able to fix this for ~$60. Drills out the holes and inserts Teflon lined bushings.

photo.JPG

Modified water fire extinguisher. Good for a quick rinse while primitive camping. 2.5 gallons of water + 100psi air pressure good for about 90 seconds of continuous flow. White ring (next to gauge) is used to keep the extinguisher's handle valve open, flow control via nozzle.

I finally pulled apart my mini truck power steering box after @OTRAMM helped me get the adjustment plug out. The box came out of a junk yard in Minnesota so it's pretty crusty on the outside but luckily inside it doesn't look too bad. I dropped the parts in Evaporust so hopefully they'll turn out ok.
IMG_20171010_183110958.jpg

My vote is for the need to adjust (shorten) the rod that actuates the MC
And you are correct. After realizing that the valve is only for the rear I figured out to adjust the rod. Couple 1/4 turns and all is well. thanks to everyone for their input!!!

How well does the PSC-1000 work? Mine has mineral spirits and is works like a champ but the solution has gotten pretty dirty.
It is very good, IMHO. Low odor and evap rate. It degreases well too. I've been happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom