HID MINI H1 BRACKET AND PROJECTOR INSTALL GUIDE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Luke111

Supporting Vendor
Threads
HID BRACKET INSTALL GUIDE

Important revision have been added on Page 2 please review before you get started

I few of you have requested a install guide along with tools needed and a hardware purchase list. It’s not a video but the photos have text. The guide picks up after headlight removal and lens removal.

Before sealing your lights. The mounting holes on the brackets are larger allowing a slight rotational adjustment. So please install the light housing using all 4 bolts and make your rotational adjustment (leveling the cut off) by simply turning the projector with your hand. The mounting bolts should be snug but not tight allowing you to slightly rotate until level. Just make sure you tighten them up before sealing.
The height and side to side adjustment which can be done from the front turning the adjusters with vice grips.
I would recommend you install and check leveling one final time before sealing. You can make height and side to side adjustments with the lights sealed but if the lights are not level it will require you to bake them again ....Total PITA .. "Check twice and seal"

Lou

WATCH A FEW VIDEOS FOR HELPFUL INFORMATION

CALL TRS vs online ordering, all the guys there are knowledgeable and helpful

The single male 9006 is used to replace the battery side OEM connector

The high beam splitters are used to trigger the high beams

LX470 HEADLIGHT REMOVAL GUIDE

LX 470 headlamp removal

LINKS FOR THINGS YOU NEED TO ORDER

Amazon.com: iJDMTOY (2) 900-Series 9005 9006 Female Adapter Wiring Harness Sockets Wire For Headlights Fog Lights: Automotive

Morimoto RetroRubber Butyl Glue

I USE THE 9006 EXTENSION FOR ADDED LENGTH TO CONNECT THE PASSENGER SIDE BALLAST

9006 Extension Cords

High Beam Splitters

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/complete-retrofit-kits/universal-kits/bixenon-
morimoto-mini-h1-stage-3.html

Morimoto MotoHo1ders

Great Housing Cap

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J6SU6BY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

WIRING GUIDE LINK

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/media/custom/upload/File-1473952402.pdf

INSTALLING THE BULB

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/media/custom/upload/BixBulbs.pdf

TRS INSTALL GUIDES

The Retrofit Source | The Best Brands in Automotive Lighting - https://www.theretrofitsource.com/guides.html/

A972B960-C324-43FB-A9F6-C84FD84EC178.jpeg

D2E8513C-7365-4BC3-8F1B-E75468F65309.jpeg

8020CE6E-B3FC-4ABB-8DBB-0E97EC748494.jpeg

67D49A4D-09EE-40C6-9AC9-DC2C52B87EBF.jpeg

View attachment 1550667

D40A2AF9-45B2-41F6-BF37-BE72643E5CEC.jpeg

Last edited:
This is awesome. Thank you

Nice write up, i'm using the same ones in my LC, cutoff line is insanely sharp, light is bright as hell, easily the best mod for our trucks with OEM light output of a dying candle.

36940354230_9e0a32383b_b.jpg

excellent write up Luke.
what method did you use to adjust your headlight?

excellent write up Luke.
what method did you use to adjust your headlight?

Not sure if you are asking for height and distance from a wall? If you follow the TRS video you should be good. Make sure you install the lights using all three bolts per light and adjust your lights before you seal them as you can turn the adjusters from the front with vice grips. Otherwise you will spend a few hours installing and removing you're lights because you can't reach the lower adjuster on the drivers side due to the battery. You can adjust your lights in 5 minutes from the front.

i am sorry, yes i meant height and distance. i have this set up with TSXr clear lenses but the output is not as good as yours. i have followed the video as well but finally, i adjusted them as a member here suggested to measure the front height to headlight minus 2 inches lower ( to not blind upcoming vehicles). i even had 4300K from retrofit source but after awhile i believe they faded away, installed cheap 5000K wow what a difference.
i may have poor quality light bulb and need to source good quality ones like Philips.

Awesome write-up! I'd love to do this with a cheap set of aftermarket housings to avoid any downtime (and screw-ups) with the factory lights. Any recommendations for a set?

Awesome write-up! I'd love to do this with a cheap set of aftermarket housings to avoid any downtime (and screw-ups) with the factory lights. Any recommendations for a set?

The only cheap lights are from China... I bought a set and the spec's are different then OEM. Loose adjusters, lenses are not interchangeable with OEM housing and the bracket would have to be re-engineered to fit. Save a few bucks and buy new OEM or source a set of used ones.
I just finished a set for a local Mudder and we did the install last night

Reactions: BEG
The only cheap lights are from China... I bought a set and the spec's are different then OEM. Loose adjusters, lenses are not interchangeable with OEM housing and the bracket would have to be re-engineered to fit. Save a few bucks and buy new OEM or source a set of used ones.
I just finished a set for a local Mudder and we did the install last night
Good to know. I was just afraid of the downtime in case I didn't finish over a weekend.

Luke, double check your links. your first amazon link to goes to the male 9006 connector. They need the female to attach to the end of the hi beam for the projector and the link to the the high beam splitters actually takes you to the butyl glue even though it read for the high beam splitters. I think they need these:

https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Adap...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VVM66KGFQ2YN1APVVNYE

High Beam Splitters

Thanks

I fixed the link for the splitter and the 9006 connector picture is correct but my description was wrong ..it's a male connector that's needed .
I just checked the wiring guide and I did a install last night and we used a male connector

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom