Logan's Run 2017 - Sept 14-17 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pics

IMG_2622.JPG

IMG_2623.JPG

IMG_2624.JPG

IMG_2628.JPG

Long SHot question of the day.

Does anyone know the jeep group that was watching us come up the back of Daniel? This is the spot where Greg's 70 seemed not to be in 4wd. Those guys watching were filming and I wanted to see if they got any videos / pictures of the group at the tough / off camber climb.

ok so finally slowing down enough to try and put some thoughts together. This may take a while and I'm trying to do this at work so if I forget anyone it is not my intent. @GLTHFJ60 Sorry you had to bail early but enjoy that honeymoon buddy.

What an amazing bunch of people. I am continually impressed with each event that with such a large collection of people from all types of backgrounds how little drama/issues we have. We had a few small things pop up but were resolved quickly and with little disruption to the event.

Huge thank you as always to Kenny and Lydia. Thank you for adopting us all as family and treating every kid there as if they were you're own. You guys are some of the most wonderful people I've ever met and I know my family is better because you are part of it. You always say you don't feel as if you do that much, but everyone here will argue that. Your impact is truly felt. We love you guys and looking forward to seeing you OUT at more events that I know you've long wanted to attend.

Also want to thank the campground host Stephen even though he won't see this. Some host's can be difficult but Stephen truly enjoys us being there and will go out of his way to help us. I know the forestry service seems to be making it harder for us at GC but we had long conversations with Stephen this weekend and while they are making changes to GC, he truly wants our input. And when the Jeep brigade rolled in this weekend to try and use our showers, he was the first one there telling them to move along. I know we are all getting a bit frustrated with how some changes are hampering the event but I know I love the group camp and the family feel it gives us all. As a parent that comfort level for the kids to enjoy the entire area safely really means a lot to me.

A huge thank you to the event sponsors. I think we had over 100 raffle items to give out this year which is insane. Let's all make sure we are scanning those QR codes and letting them know when we contact them for stuff where we heard of them and how much we appreciate their support. It was awesome having some of them in addendance as well.

This is the first year I've been involved in the planning process. Watching Stacy grind away each night put into perspective how hard the BOD works to make these events take place and run so smoothly. So here is an overdue thank you to all of the current and past BOD. Big thanks to @JohnVee and @blue98stang for their prep work leading up to and their dedication during the event. Kids dinner, adult dinner, raflle all went smoothly and on time. LOVED the kids raffle. Seeing them engaged and involved was wonderful. @lumbee1 thanks for giving up your Saturday to make a killer pig for us all to enjoy. Job well done my friend. Also, big thanks for the effort with the shirst, stickers and banner. :clap:. Another big thank you to Courtney, Jen and Shannon for their help serving food for us all as well as the ones helping Jon pull swine to fill the tins. Hope you snuck enough snacks to keep you fueled and enjoying your job. Thanks to @dbenke for manning the grill and providing burgers and dogs. Thanks to Marie, wife of @77 KROOZER for all the help in the registration tent. @weejub please thank Heather for the shirt folding help. I know I will be missing a few but every little task anyone pitched in with made a difference.

I can't forget to thank the ONSC pit crew. Man them Nascar boys would be jealous watching those big tires get swapped so fast. Greg, George on the light, Alan, Eric F, Garrett, John Rives, Jonathan (hope I got everyone). I also owe them an apology as well. Once we got done my excitement got the best of me and I beat some of them to the delivery and they didn't get to enjoy the Monk's reaction. Sorry guys.

So from ramblings to conclusion, I know I had a blast. I loved having the time to chat with everyone, meeting new members and catching up with familiar faces. Glad to see @WHG423 back in the fold again. Until next time guys.......

Last edited:
Long SHot question of the day.

Does anyone know the jeep group that was watching us come up the back of Daniel? This is the spot where Greg's 70 seemed not to be in 4wd. Those guys watching were filming and I wanted to see if they got any videos / pictures of the group at the tough / off camber climb.

If you're talking about all the shiney jeeps of every color with the cute names plastered on the hoods and fenders, they called themselves the Carolina predators.

If you're talking about all the shiney jeeps of every color with the cute names plastered on the hoods and fenders, they called themselves the Carolina predators.

Sounds like a Roller Derby team name.

Two phones and my one in dash constant power cig port was acting up. ;<)

I know I'm late doing this, but I wanted to thank some folks for their hard work at Logan's Run.
**Stacy and Eric R (@blue98stang and @erymer) for so much effort. They did the vast majority of the behind the scenes stuff that happens all year leading up to the event. Sponsors, Registration, Planning, Logistics, Storage of raffle and meal items, etc. This was Stacy's first major event as ONSC Events Coordinator. I think she did a bang up job.
**The rest of our ONSC BOD - Johnny, Allen, Eric J (& Garrett), Eric F. They all worked to get us a venue and get you processed as quickly as possible upon arrival, as well as transporting club gear. They're also the ones who, along with Stacy and myself, had to make any onsite decisions that affected us all.
**Jonathan J (@lumbee1 ) and wife Shannon - they brought food for Saturday's dinner and helped prep and serve. Jonathan cooked the pig, too. He also handled the event sticker and shirt design and procurement. Pretty sure he also stepped up to take pics of raffle winners when Alex (@Green Hell Mustang) was sidelined by illness.
**Courtney and Jen and David (@dbenke) and others who yelled at me because I wasn't keeping up with their monumental progress in the kitchen and chow line. I appreciated you all asking me for my opinions and direction, both of which you clearly didn't need.
**Marie (@77 KROOZER 's better half) for her time at the registration tent. I'm sorry that I don't know who else kept that job filled. @erymer and @Fort Knox were there, too. Who am I missing, guys???
**Obviously, all of our sponsors. Especially the ones who came to the event with their friends and families. I hope you folks got to meet Phil from Fred Anderson Toyota, Marshall @Trollhole (Trollhole's Cruisers) and Tyler @tmorris1076 (Carolina Offroad Outfitters), even though I know that they like to keep a low profile.
**Jim and Linda (@jimsmith1370 ) for the pre-dinner tunes.
**Kenny and Lydia (@alk747triodad ) for being the great people that they are and allowing us to honor Logan's memory by hanging out in the woods with 100+ of their closest friends.
**Kurt (@neslrac ) for his efforts in getting group camp cleaned up for us, cleaned up after us, and supplying firewood to the 3 fire rings ahead of our arrival. He also lead a trail group on Saturday.
**Izzy (@Izzyandsue ) for the giant pop up shelter that we didn't need thanks to the sunny weather.
**Everybody that looked out for the safety of others' kids and dogs. Thanks for keeping your eye out.

I know I'll have to update this list as vague memories of important things come to me at random times, so please don't think I'm slighting you if you did something that requires a 'thank you'. We had so many people helping and I didn't see all of it, plus my memory was affected by lack of sufficient sleep over the course of the event.

EDIT: Garrett (son of @fourtrax ) for painstakingly cleansing the laminated maps of all non-OHV trails!
**And Hannah, daughter of @fourtrax did the map layout and sponsor list again this year! Many thanks. I think she was one of the few people I didn't get to talk to this year.
**Jason (@jfz80 ) for whipping up 3 jugs of his BBQ sauce, even though he couldn't attend.

Last edited:
I'd also like to comment from an attendee view... Damn, I had a great time! I had a blast camping next door to @Comet and company (I never caught your mud name but thanks for the scissors addition to my med kit). I won't bother bringing any food next time I'm next to y'all. It was great meeting @AJR (thanks for taking another new guy @FrackMacker up Daniel). I hate that I missed Jamie (@weejub ) for his 30 minutes in camp, but thanks for making that delivery of Envirocoolers and other stuff - that exemplifies what's great about our members. One of my favorite memories was when @lumbee1 and I finally got around to prepping the pig Friday night and Dan and Ashley from Sumter, SC, were there waiting on us so Ashley could help do the dirty work by diving right in with gloves and a knife! It was their second ONSC event and I think they'll be back for more. I have a great pic of her elbow deep in the pig torso but it's a little too graphic to post here!

What I really liked was that no matter how tired I was, how hungry I was, how late it was, whatever, I could stop by anybody's campsite to hang out for a while and be offered food or a chair or a drink or all of the above and everybody was happy to just hang out, talk and chill. Strangers or old friends, it didn't matter because everybody views everybody else as old friends. That's just plain awesome. Even if I didn't have to be there, I'd still wanna be there! ;)

I've got to get pictures posted from LR as soon as possible. Work has been absolutely nuts with 12 hour days.

Some photos from a great time. Thanks everyone for such an awesome event!

2017-09-15 15.30.20.jpg
2017-09-16 13.13.37-2.jpg
2017-09-16 13.17.39-1.jpg
2017-09-16 13.21.18.jpg

and more..
2017-09-16 13.43.14.jpg
2017-09-16 16.33.11.jpg
2017-09-16 17.21.40.jpg
2017-09-16 17.14.55.jpg

Thanks to everyone who came out to support the event! Wish I could have stayed the whole time.

Hope you had a good honeymoon johnny

Just wanted to say a quick shout out to Orange Box - I just got my prize from Logans Run - a cool mole grate for Biscuit. I got it in a cool copper color/finish. Looks really cool. Thanks!!

Just wanted to say a quick shout out to Orange Box - I just got my prize from Logans Run - a cool mole grate for Biscuit. I got it in a cool copper color/finish. Looks really cool. Thanks!!
Sweet. He was telling us about it the other night. got any pics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom