Tech Day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know I'm new, a complete noob, and didn't make it to dinner Wednesday (damn grad school) but would love to come just to observe/soak up info.

Last edited:
was looking at setting a specific angle, and tacking.

I just need some "progress" to show the wife, to get out for the day. :)

I'm contemplating attempting to remove the rusty c-channels in the back of the the frame of the FJ62. Grind off some rivets. Can't think of anything I would need other than a grinder and some hammering tools.

Good quality right angle drill & air chisel to cut off the rivet heads and punch them out (and really good hearing protection).
I did this job a couple of years ago while I had the gas tank removed. I used a combination of grinding, drilling, the air chisel and a lot of cussing. I think I used the air chisel more than anything else.

You will also need hardware to replace the rivets for the spring hangers and the body bracket mounts.

I wish I could tell you that it was straightforward but that job was huge PIA:bang:

Good quality right angle drill & air chisel to cut off the rivet heads and punch them out (and really good hearing protection).
I did this job a couple of years ago while I had the gas tank removed. I used a combination of grinding, drilling, the air chisel and a lot of cussing. I think I used the air chisel more than anything else.

You will also need hardware to replace the rivets for the spring hangers and the body bracket mounts.

I wish I could tell you that it was straightforward but that job was huge PIA:bang:

Well, screw that for a tech day. Vince was just emailing me something along the same lines. Too big of a job.

Brake job on the Lexus?
Front end rebuild on the tow rig?
I don't think I'm going to make it to this one. I have to get the above done The inspections are a month past do.

Brake job on the Lexus?
Front end rebuild on the tow rig?
I don't think I'm going to make it to this one. I have to get the above done The inspections are a month past do.
bring the lexus... we can do that in like 30 minutes.

Would love to tackle a knuckle rebuild in the next 6 months if you guys are up for teaching this newb. Beers, pizza, and grease all around.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom