The Coleman Thread (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Came across this and a newer propane lantern on Letgo for $20.
4aeGE47.jpg

SHhQ4xS.jpg

Coleman white gas heater. Old gentleman that sold it to me, gave me the rundown on how it works and told me it throws a ton of heat. Can't wait to try it out.

Honestly I don't know. Likely just a gimmick. The lantern needs lots of gas flow to achieve 500 candlepower, but they had a model that did that forever in the 236. The 236 uses the mantles I linked. That lantern had a kerosene brother (the 237 now the 639) that is still in production basically unchanged.

I think the Northstar may have been Coleman trying to re-invent the business with new styling and electronic ignition. It was expensive and didn't really offer anything more (other than being really bright!) than the existing line up.

Hard core guys on the Coleman Collectors forum have measured the light output of the 236 and the Northstar and they're very close.

Thanks. I'll look into getting the Peerless 111 and trying it out on the Northstar. I picked up the Northstar on clearance at a local Walmart. No way I would have paid the $60.

those look great!!!

now I'm gunna hafta have 1 of my 413's and a cooler painted 3f4 red to match the wifes 62...

Came across this and a newer propane lantern on Letgo for $20.

Coleman white gas heater. Old gentleman that sold it to me, gave me the rundown on how it works and told me it throws a ton of heat. Can't wait to try it out.

Be careful with that. They make lots of heat & Carbon Monoxide too.
Open space or it might be the best sleep of your life.

Nice going on the blue restores. Those look awesome and a good fit for Cruiser trips!

:cheers:

I watch this forum but not sure if any of you would be interested in a lantern that I found at friends house. I know this is not a the classified section but everyone here is more interested in this item than the average member.

20170928_124807.jpg

20170928_124813.jpg

Clamshell cases are cool! Thanks for giving Mud members first shot (though I'm not interested - I need another lantern like another hole in the head.)

Not even sure I know what to ask for... offers???

Let me check on the shipping for you from here and how to box it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom