What did you do on your 70 series today? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_4871.JPG

Boomchickawowwow

Anyone know what the sensor is?

It's by the front bumper on the RHD of the vehicle. I'm guessing it's the temp sensor for the OEM dash mounted exterior temperature display?

image.jpg

I cheated on my 77 with a younger model.... I'll be posting over in the 100's section now too. (No my 77 is not for sale. The hundred is my wife's new truck.)

IMG_3154.JPG

They will both fit, but I doubt 2 100's would. I've got a bunch gym crap I've gotta move to get the 100 to fit. Our golf (my new daily) is
In there now too :confused:

I cheated on my 77 with a younger model.... I'll be posting over in the 100's section now too. (No my 77 is not for sale. The hundred is my wife's new truck.)

View attachment 1550679

How did you convince your wife she needed the 100 ??
"Sorry honey but if the golfs out you might have to park on the lawn"

How did you convince your wife she needed the 100 ??
"Sorry honey but if the golfs out you might have to park on the lawn"

Not too much arm twisting. Several factors. Poor design of the golf. Specifically: 1) when raining and a back door is opened a stream of water flows onto our kids' car seats 2) the OE tires are complete garbage for anything but straight and level driving. 3) we got stuck on i65 last winter during as ice storm. Had we been in our 77 i would have crossed the median and drive home. Finally, during the 70 series meet, Danielle enjoyed driving and wanted her own toy. So it wasnt too difficult.

Road trip. Took it down to ACC in Atlanta for a real going over. Passed with a clean bill of health. The only problem is some pinholes in the radiator, so I'll find a radiator rebuilder in town and get it recored and rebuilt. Other than that the truck needs nothing - which gives me breathing room to lay in a new suspension and start hoarding some important parts.

Road trip. Took it down to ACC in Atlanta for a real going over. Passed with a clean bill of health. The only problem is some pinholes in the radiator, so I'll find a radiator rebuilder in town and get it recored and rebuilt. Other than that the truck needs nothing - which gives me breathing room to lay in a new suspension and start hoarding some important parts.
Why, call Rob Smith at Oddiron and get a fantastic new one. Do the WP, t-stat, and idler pully too.

Why, call Rob Smith at Oddiron and get a fantastic new one. Do the WP, t-stat, and idler pully too.

Will do. Actually need to do the fan clutch as they mentioned play. I'll get a water pump and fan clutch from cruiser outfitters and do it all at once.

Robin! To the Parts Mobile!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom