What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 1548730
Well, I can’t pass up a dare.
So I fixed the broken hanger that caused it to hang down and I took the dare. No video sorry, not tech savvy enough but......
I didn’t even know what a HotPocket was, now some people might call me a food snob, but I just like to eat healthy food. I never even look in the frozen food section of the supermarket. In the interest of research though....I think I answered mattressking’s question.
The HotPocket went from frozen to about Luke warm. The reading is at 2700rpm.
I think I’d rather heat my Green Chile breakfast burritos in the engine compartment.

This is great! @mattressking take a look

The blue window decal is missing the dagger :). That reminds me, I still need to visit Fajada Butte.

Sun Dagger.jpg

This time of year would be perfect for Chaco!
Especially in a blue FJ6X! Can't wait to finish my '86 build, that would be a great shake-down cruise over the Jemez and across to Chaco using the southern route via the Cabezon and Torreon areas.

...Now I am ecited!
I wanted to time this year's visit with the Monsoon, so I could pit the 62 against the road to Chaco...in the snot mud and lightening...but missed it due to family stuff.
you should DO it! It would be a great shake down cruise!

...Now I am ecited!
I wanted to time this year's visit with the Monsoon, so I could pit the 62 against the road to Chaco...in the snot mud and lightening...but missed it due to family stuff.
you should DO it! It would be a great shake down cruise!
Last time I faced snot, mud, and lightning (in the dark) in my FJ60 (my '84) was with my oldest son about 20 years ago, dropping northward down off the Dark Canyon Plateau towards Beef Basin, Ruin Park, and Bobby's Hole, the southwestern entrance to the Needles District of Canyonlands National Park. Steep winding dirt (mud) road down off the western flanks of the Abajo Mountains. If my wife was on board I'd probably spend most of the rest of my days in that part of Utah, kicking around in one of my Land Cruisers.

Last edited:
I can just as easily use my tire pressure gauge, but thought this was too cool to pass up. Works great... I know this was posted to the 40 forum, but haven't seen it on a 60. Only downside is the USB port isn't accessible with the 60 cigarette socket being so recessed. Still a cool mod...

Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) for Any Toyota

IMG_7966.JPG
IMG_7965.JPG
IMG_7960.JPG

Last edited:
Wizard, really like the gauges, especially the peripheral systems on the right. Not sure I can hang with the 160 speedo and 8k tach. Wish they were “slowed down” for the 60. Guess I’ll need a SBC upgrade to fit those gauges better. ;)

Wizard, really like the gauges, especially the peripheral systems on the right. Not sure I can hang with the 160 speedo and 8k tach. Wish they were “slowed down” for the 60. Guess I’ll need a SBC upgrade to fit those gauges better. ;)

Doubt I'll be doing 160 but 80+ isn't to difficult to imagine. LT1 + 700R. They make a 120 but I wasn't paying attention
I have a 2" fuel pressure and trans temp also. The fuel pressure may get moved to the top center . I have a panel at the radio delete that will have the remaining two gauges

Sick of the inside of the 60 becoming a beach when the kids go for a swim, I converted an old battery (4xD size) powered camp shower to a 'beach shower'. I used an old plastic water jerrycan that I had to cut open to fit the pump inside it (and re-welded it up with a soldering iron) and 'welded' a bracket on the side for the battery pack / switch to hang on. It worked great and the kids loved it - but I wouldn't take it on a week-long camp trip as the kids would empty it on the first day!!!
IMG_4414.JPG
IMG_4416.JPG

I can just as easily use my tire pressure gauge, but thought this was too cool to pass up. Works great... I know this was posted to the 40 forum, but haven't seen it on a 60. Only downside is the USB port isn't accessible with the 60 cigarette socket being so recessed. Still a cool mod...

View attachment 1550191 View attachment 1550190 View attachment 1550189

This is kind of cool, I may have to buy it for the :princess: as she never ever checks her tires or is even aware of them if they are super low. Jumped in her truck once and thought the steering shimmy was going to kill me. When asked she said "I didn't notice"....:eek:

Sick of the inside of the 60 becoming a beach when the kids go for a swim, I converted an old battery (4xD size) powered camp shower to a 'beach shower'. I used an old plastic water jerrycan that I had to cut open to fit the pump inside it (and re-welded it up with a soldering iron) and 'welded' a bracket on the side for the battery pack / switch to hang on. It worked great and the kids loved it - but I wouldn't take it on a week-long camp trip as the kids would empty it on the first day!!!
View attachment 1550350 View attachment 1550351

now if you buy some inversion boots you can hang the kids from the roof rack and clean up their feet real nice. Upside down you can even get between the toes:barefoot:

Made a day trip: Ophir Creek Rd to Little Froze Road to Deer Peak Rd back to Ophir Creek Rd for a loop.

Aspens were mixed, still green to already dropped but the scenery was outstanding.

Deer Peak Rd was just rough enough to be interesting. There are several other trails in the area worth a look-see.

Check out the album for photos and more details:

Little Froze Road to Deer Peak Road

Lo
View attachment 1550350 View attachment 1550351
Ve it

View attachment 1550191 View attachment 1550190 View attachment 1550189

Looks like something that wouldn't last long on a Cruiser that's being used in the mud, water, rocks, sand, dirt, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

• JoeW
Back
Top Bottom