Cool events to think about for 2018... let's hear 'em (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd like to try one of these 4x4 rally events. We'd have to probably practice some specific skills, but that would make it that much more fun.

Red Clay Rally looks like a lot of fun! I think I'm gonna sign up.

Logans Run in NC always a good time.

The idea is to post up cool events that we could participate in next year.

I'll start:
Red Clay Rally. This one will be through KY, VA and WV
redclayrally

I just registered as a driver. Looking to put a CLCC team together so 1-3 more trucks to join. June 1-3 is Friday/Saturday/Sunday, so the trip down Thursday afternoon and the trip back sunday night or more likely Monday morning means missing work for a bit, but weekend driving and wheeling.

Last edited:
I just registered as a driver. Looking to put a CLCC team together so 1-3 more trucks to join. June 1-3 is Friday/Saturday/Sunday, so the trip down Thursday afternoon and the trip back sunday night or more likely Monday morning means missing work for a bit, but weekend driving and wheeling.

I think I might be down for this...

They had this on Dirt Everyday looks like a blast! But it's on the west coast.
From what I understand there are Gambler 500's in a couple of states. Think of it as a event template that's available to anyone that wants to take on the burden of setting one up. The largest is in OR. Here's the rather slim forum discussion on the one one in MT (Northern Idaho - Western Montana Gambler 500 - The Gambler 500). There was going to be one in WV but the organizer apparently backed out at the last minute (What happened to the West Virginia Gambler 500? - The Gambler 500).

Podcast Interview - Off Road podcast Episode 117 - Three Guys One Bowl A Gambler 500 Interview

I'm down for that! My 78 pinto would have been perfect!

VA4WDA

Has some private runs available on private property, but would need to join. Just a thought also brings some legal assistance, and might be worth looking into joining. Back in the day it could have been anything from mild to wild.

Just a though

If I were to drive to Colorado, what would be the one event to do it for? 100s in the hills?

looked like there were a ton of non-100s there! Maybe my instagram feed is biased towards non-100 drivers :)

Nope. I think only a handful of non-100s and they were all sponsors vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom