IH Going from Jeep TJ + FJ62 to Scout 2? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In summary, we've got a 99 Jeep TJ and a 88 Vortec FJ62 as our "fun" cars that we only drive in the summer. Both never give us any real problems, but we only use them around town....the Jeep because it's a 4cyl soft top w/o AC and the FJ62 because, while the Vortec is great, it needs the steering, ride and some other little things dialed in before I'd want to drive it longer distances.

I'm thinking of selling both and getting an LS swapped Scout 2. Never driven one but I figure it can't be that far off from the FJ62, but with a top that comes off. We've got younger kids and the family is big into taking the Jeep out with the top off all summer, so that is key. I'm the only one that ever drives the 62. Doing a 2 for 1 swap would mean an easier time moving cars around in the garage and driveway and having something a little nicer that we can take on couple hour interstate trips.

Been looking at the Anything Scout builds, and they sure aren't cheap, but maybe it's worth it to have something really dialed in versus the mediocre machines I own now. Seems like Scout prices have gone up even more than Land Cruisers???

Anyone ever do anything like this or have any better ideas or opinions?

Scout & Scout II prices are still across the board, but there are some crazy high prices in the last few years that we didn't see before. Where are you? Where is the Scout II? Pics? I might even know it. I would look it over good or have someone that knows them good look it over. There are some very well built rigs, and you could quite well be happy with it if that's what it is. They have a pretty strong following, for a reason.

I'm outside Chicago, it'd get parked all winter and hopefully have the top off as much as possible in the summer. I really dislike putting up and zipping all the windows up on an old Jeep soft top, I'm betting that if I put a simple hoist system in the garage I could get a Scout top off and on in about the same amount of time or less.

I just started looking around, but talked to Anything Scout today and it was a nice introduction to them. Their stuff is expensive, like in the 30k-65k range depending on how nuts you go. I would def be looking on the lower end of that, which is not something I would have ever considered in the past, but I'm starting to imagine how easy life might be w/ a pro built truck :)

This one isn't bad either, but maybe has a couple goofy things going on with it. I'm more into having an LS swapped one, though. Was hoping you could get a decent one for 25k, because that would sure get you a pretty nice 60/62 with a vortec, but nicer swapped Scouts seem to be going for a bit more than that?

1974 International Harvester Scout | eBay

I'm outside Chicago, it'd get parked all winter and hopefully have the top off as much as possible in the summer. I really dislike putting up and zipping all the windows up on an old Jeep soft top, I'm betting that if I put a simple hoist system in the garage I could get a Scout top off and on in about the same amount of time or less.

I just started looking around, but talked to Anything Scout today and it was a nice introduction to them. Their stuff is expensive, like in the 30k-65k range depending on how nuts you go. I would def be looking on the lower end of that, which is not something I would have ever considered in the past, but I'm starting to imagine how easy life might be w/ a pro built truck :)

So you're not looking at a particular rig?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom