Whiteline rear swaybar (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WHITELINE BTF66X
I think i bought mine off of Amazon....Rear only, might need to get this front to match, but mine drives pretty good with the OEM up there still.

WHITELINE BTF66X
I think i bought mine off of Amazon....Rear only, might need to get this front to match, but mine drives pretty good with the OEM up there still.

I'm with you on the need for the front. Just finished 1500 miles of testing with just a rear and 100% happy. Most of my additional weight is in the rear but the improvement is huge on my 7000# 80.

I'm with you on the need for the front. Just finished 1500 miles of testing with just a rear and 100% happy. Most of my additional weight is in the rear but the improvement is huge on my 7000# 80.

This is great info Phil, thanks for that. I was wondering if the front is "really" needed in real life and it sounds like it'd definitely help with the handling. I need a rear one too with the Columbus on top.

I can tell in town with my RTT that the ride is much more stable. I don't have any actual data to confirm this, but it feels good. I imagine if you did upgrade the front swaybar it would add even more stability.

Without weight up top, it might not be necessary. But with a lot of weight on the roof, this is a huge help.

Yeah the idea of not changing any of the stability components makes little to no sense when you start talking about trucks that have been lifted and had big tires, roof racks, and a bunch of extra weight. The stock handling characteristics are so far from what they were engineered as you might as well do what meets your needs.

Yeah the idea of not changing any of the stability components makes little to no sense when you start talking about trucks that have been lifted and had big tires, roof racks, and a bunch of extra weight. The stock handling characteristics are so far from what they were engineered as you might as well do what meets your needs.

Yeah only the Land Cruiser crowd is crazy enough to lift their truck several inches higher, add all kinds of weight on the roof then remove sway bars all together. Granted the Jeep guys have nice bolt-on solution like the Antirock but you rarely see them removing stability control and there's a reason for that.

I went with a custom RuffStuff 3 piece setup for the rear and could not be happier. Still have hope that somebody can figure out a 3 piece sway bar for the front one of these days.

34704502893_3d99e15bca_h.jpg

35514147995_0c95c42375_h.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some before and after photos for those who like picutres:flipoff2:
Sway bar rear stock.jpg
Sway bar rear Whiteline.jpg

How does this HD Whiteline rear sway bar do off road with a stock sway bar up front?
Does it help balance front to rear articulation?

The reason a sway bar works really well on a cruiser, especially if you have twin tube or low gas pressure shocks is it stops the rear lean which creates roll steer from the rear. Its balance over front isnt as much of an issue as the introduced roll steer is in a lifted solid axle land cruiser.

If you look at all IFS Cruisers Toyota moved the rear lower arms closer together on the diff housing because the front became more pointy with IFS and wheel align settings, to help the rear they took steps to limit roll steer.

We went to using the standard Toyota cotton reel bushes in our bars for better service life over custom bushes for punched holes.

Just checked with Whiteline and currently out of stock however they said more are coming in soon to the states. The reason you can not find them cheaper is because they have a MAP policy (manufacture advertised price) of $251.82. I have a set of front & rear on order that I made 2 weeks back. If anyone is interested, PM me and I can add to the order. Pricing will definitely be cheaper but I can't advertise it ;)

Just checked with Whiteline and currently out of stock however they said more are coming in soon to the states. The reason you can not find them cheaper is because they have a MAP policy (manufacture advertised price) of $251.82. I have a set of front & rear on order that I made 2 weeks back. If anyone is interested, PM me and I can add to the order. Pricing will definitely be cheaper but I can't advertise it ;)

I paid $240 shipped a month ago online

I can still beat that but that's not bad at all.

Im in for a HD rear, cant PM with the filters here at work...

Im in for a HD rear, cant PM with the filters here at work...

You can call me at work 818-344-4410 and ask for John.
There are a total of 5 sets coming into the US from Australia in the next month.
So if anyone else is interested, give me a ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom