Anyone running the new BFG KO2's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not on a 60(yet), but have them on my 80 and I love them! Sorry for the highjack of the 80 photo in the 60 section....but I visit here often to stare at all the dreamy 60 series!
image.jpeg

I have 33x12.50-15 on my 4Runner. Love, love, love this tire. Way quieter than the MT/KMs and the original KOs I had. They do appear to be wider than normal.

Why can't these tires be made available in a 33x9 (or is it 9.5)? I have the skinnier tires on my 40 and the drive on the tire is much, MUCH better on the skinny tire. No road wander....plus they look better.

Does ANY tire company make the skinny tire anymore in a 33"?

Nice

I'm running 285X75RX16's in the new K02's (Granted I know the rims are not stock). Cant praise them enough, they've been fantastic during the snow and ice i've subjected them to so far this winter.

That looks really good! what is your impressions on them after a while, did you run them throuh the winter? ice?

I can chime in as far as winter driving. I have the KO2's on three different cruisers. I've got the most miles and winter driving on the set on my 100. They do great in snow and ice. No complaints. Only thing I've noticed is that they seem to getting quite a bit louder as they age. They are at about 50% tread and definitely more road noise, still nothing like a mud terrain but noticeable.

I had a used set of KO’s that I bought to run short term. I bubbled one after 3k miles but they were easily 10 years old. Probably 15k miles.

I upgraded to 33x10.5-15 K02 and I really like them. Super quiet and grippy. I run them at 30psi and have had zero issues with wear. I hear so many good things about the KM2 that I wish I would have gotten those, but I can’t say that these won’t do everything that I want.

Also, check out 4wheelparts for tires. They had a great deal when I checked out on mine and I was at $1100 for 5 tires, installed and with a comprehensive warranty. They paid the tax, and gave me a $50 gift card. Couple all that with the fact that discount tire wouldn’t touch my truck due to the width issue, 4wp was a no brainer.

Last edited:
That looks really good! what is your impressions on them after a while, did you run them throuh the winter? ice?

Ran mine through the winter, no complaints.

Actually, I tortured these things on an 8000 mile roadtrip from Massachusetts to Moab, then through Colorado before I went home.

From the extream heat in hells revenge to the incredibly slick rocks in the Colorado mountains, these tires did very well.

You do need to be cautious with them if your wheeling, make sure to air them down and you'll be fine. The side wall is the weak link. My buddy has a jeep (dope) and didn't air down (idiot) and he blew two sidewalls on some sharp stones.

That being said I encountered much worse, and the wheels have the battle scars to prove it, no blowouts. Thread has worn very well, I'm at 18k miles and they still have plenty of life left in them.

I daily drive my rig year round into Boston every day, on highway and off road, they deliver.

I bought a set of 32x11.5 KO2s for my 2nd gen 4Runner, and kept them and the wheels when I traded it for for my 60. I've only driven the 60 maybe 25 miles since I've had it, mostly test drives after doing work, so I cant comment on the added weight over the 4Runner. While they were on the 4Runner, I loved em. Great in the snow, great in the Seattle wetness, quiet, confident, and consistent on and off road. The 4Runner was my daily driver, 60 miles round trip freeway commute to Seattle. Probably around 7K miles, and here's how they look today.
20170804_200035.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom