Prinsu Roof Rack for FJC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i have been looking at this one...i run a tepui thats about 200lbs..how has your experiences with the RTT been now that its been on for a while? you mentioned it rattled loose. Is this somethign that could be mended with locktight? and was there a reason yours is mounted in the dead center? i was hoping to push mine back a bit so it was flush in the back and have room for a couple of storage bins that way im ramming them into trees and not my tent.

I answered partially in the other thread, but you could mount it anywhere. Because of the RTT mounting system, you have to drill holes all the way through your cross members. And you will likely need to move the cross members to one of the alternate slots to match the mounting rails of the RTT. We were in a bit of a time crunch when I mounted the tent just a few days before our big trip, so I forgot the loctite and should have checked the bolts sooner for tightness. Conveniently, I packed my impact driver and made quick work of it at a rest area.

Since the RTT was a loaner, I don't have many detailed/close up pictures to share.
IMG_3628.JPG

would you buy it again? i like the look of it and the low profile, but not sure if its better for my purpose then say the ARB or the Baja rack flat one

my set up is just awkward right now but it works!

P1090580.JPG

thats the factory rack and air dam

Yeah, I'd buy it again. Delivery was slow, but it's super light weight at around 65 lbs and I like the looks of it compared to anything else. Frontrunner was my next choice, but doesn't come close on price.

Most after market rack builders will not state anything over the factory limits for liability reasons, which I think was around 250 lbs. I'm sure this rack and other after market racks will support more (as long as the load is spread evenly) since the roof attachments and construction are significantly stronger than the factory roof rack.

Also of note, the Prinsu sits several inches lower than the factory roof rack, in overall vehicle height.

Also of note, the Prinsu sits several inches lower than the factory roof rack, in overall vehicle height.

thats why i like it....im very very tall with my RTT. like cant go in parking garages tall. i end up ramming the tent thought trees and branches constantly. no holes or damage yet to the tent!

im sure that the rack is plenty for what i need.. ive had a high lift and that tepui on the factory rack when our club went to the sand dunes and i thought that would have been when it would have come off if it was ever going to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom