80 Series LED Madness!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey PFran,
This is my first post on ih8mud, so apologies for breaking rules in advance. I have a 1995 Landcruiser FJ80, and I'm interested in replacing the front, mid and rear dome lights. Are you still selling? If yes, I'll follow the instructions you've clearly stated in your first post and continue order details over paypal as per instructions.

Hey pfran42,

Got your kit for the 80 series which I love! My OCD is bugging me though, I couldn't find a location for the small panel (my kit #3 had 3 large panels and a small one). Can you advise where it goes?

Thanks!

Btw here are a couple of before/afters for the door lights and the back up lights. Good stuff!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hey pfran42,

Got your kit for the 80 series which I love! My OCD is bugging me though, I couldn't find a location for the small panel (my kit #3 had 3 large panels and a small one). Can you advise where it goes?

Thanks!

The small panel goes in the top front map location. The remaining large panel is a spare. Hope this helps!

The small panel goes in the top front map location. The remaining large panel is a spare. Hope this helps!

Thank you sir! I managed to squeeze the large panel into the map location. I'll post another pic and decide if I want that much light up there

Sent you an email on your website, but just in case: I have a 1992 HDJ81, and my doors don't have lights and my front dome is a little different. Do your light kits work on the JDM RHD trucks? Was ready to order, but want to confirm. Looking for front, middle and rear dome, and also the 7w reverse lights. My headlights have been swapped from the Japanese to the DOT approved. I know because the JDM ones cames in a box when I bought the truck a month ago. Gonna add some HIR's to the front too. Anyone know any good fog light upgrades for the 80 series?

Hi, I read through all 22 pages and happy to see you have time for us with everything and everyone else who is part of your days.
With that said I also went to your web site and it was nice, but I have two requests.

I would love one of your kits for my 80, and on your site it offers an add on for the 5 watt reverse lights, I would like to have the 7 watt ones added to my order instead .

My 80 has a luggage light all the way in the rear and would be interested in a kit that included this light as well, i can not find the bulb number at the sulvania site but maybe someone will chine in.

So I am hoping to order the above with an extra 7 watt reverse for the jeep and a 921 for my Tacoma, is this doable?
Thank You

never mind i found where you offer the 7 watt with the kit, sweet.
if you found one for the luggage light, that would rock

I just got a kit and shoot this are amazing. Have used all kind of led but these are the best ones. Had a little problem with 1 led and send a email... 3 min later i had a shipping confirmation for replacement.. Incredible costumer service, awesome quality.

Just curious (and my apologies if it comes off stupid) has there ever been a way to get bulbs with dual color, e.g. red and white. The idea being that if I don't want white lighting that could be too intense in some locations at night, I could switch over to red to make it easier on the eyes? Also, has anyone else ever experimented with mounting LEDs elsewhere in their vehicle?

Just curious (and my apologies if it comes off stupid) has there ever been a way to get bulbs with dual color, e.g. red and white. The idea being that if I don't want white lighting that could be too intense in some locations at night, I could switch over to red to make it easier on the eyes? Also, has anyone else ever experimented with mounting LEDs elsewhere in their vehicle?

Definitive led thread for 80s

Putting in the Pfran interior LEDs today ... Dome light went just fine after I did a quick search to see how to remove the bezel.

Working on the 2nd row seats dome now ... tried 2 different pieces for the spring loaded contacts and 2 different LED pads ... both flip flopped multiple times and NADA. The light was working when I removed it.

LED works with 9V battery. Showing 12 V at the posts in the dome light. Disassembled the compression fitting ends and tested LED with the connection .. all good. The FAIL must be in connection to the compression piece fro the wires. Might have to solder it, but not in the mood atm.

Any ideas here? Thank you in advance.

Stripped the connecting wires further down and reattached the ends, works fine now. Seems the wires were just too short to make good contact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom