Silicone Air Injector Pump Hoses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have any source for pre-made Silicone Air Injector Pump Lines. I can try to get some made locally but would rather go for something off the shelf. I have been searching here on mud and have not found anything. Thanks.

Mark

Smog_Hose.jpg

Let me know if you find these. I adapted some large silicone heater hoses which sort of work but not perfect. The original hoses seem to crumble when you mess with them and are hard as rocks anyway.

TurboLogic

Measure the inside diameter and see if this could work. The thinner stuff I have used from them is very flexible and has held up well.

Did you use it for the air pump ?

Mark

The P.O. of a 60 I sold, had used blue silicone hose for all the air pump lines. He had used some 45* brass elbows to make the odd bends and spring hose clamps to tie it all together. Worked fine, there's very little pressure there (7" Hg) and looked very clean. You don't need the thick-wall, that's for vacuum. I replaced the smog pump on that truck, and I remember thinking at the time, the silicone hose made it so much easier because it was very flexible, unlike the stupid-rigid stock lines, as Drew mentions.

There may even be some molded versions now to eliminate a few of the 45* elbows.

Sorry, no pix.

TurboLogic

Measure the inside diameter and see if this could work. The thinner stuff I have used from them is very flexible and has held up well.

Looks like their coolant hose is the way to go due to the 1" and 7/8" dia.

Mark

There is dry exhaust silicone hose available. The piece I had was Green in color and was a straight section, but molded curve sections can be found.

Mine worked perfectly and lasted a long time, in fact, I still have a 6" piece on hand as you had to buy 36" sections. Only bad was the price, years ago it over $40 for 3'!

I have been noodling this over and I think that the Samco Superflex Hose should work for most all the Air Injection Hoses even past the smog pump and maybe to and from the ACV etc. They are flexible and will avoid the need for getting 45' and 90' bends.

QUESTION: THE HOSE IS RATED @ 365'F AND I ASSUME IT IS HANDLING COOLER AIR AND DISTRIBUTING IT PLACES FOR THE SECONDARY AIR INJECTION SYSTEM. DO I NEED TO LOOK FOR A HIGHER TEMP RATED HOSE ?

Samco Superflex Hose 7/8" (22mm) ID, 39" (1m) long

Thanks

MARK

I don't know. But, the Silicone hose I used still looks fine after 3-4 years and I recently replaced the smog pump and the hose was good. It would really be nice to sh*t can the smog pump all together, but maybe in some future California that will happen.

I don't know. But, the Silicone hose I used still looks fine after 3-4 years and I recently replaced the smog pump and the hose was good. It would really be nice to sh*t can the smog pump all together, but maybe in some future California that will happen.
Never hurts to dream.;)

IMG_4987.JPG

NookShneer:

Thanks for the recommendation @ http://www.boostcontroller.com/ I went with the Samco Superflex SL22 and SL25 Hoses.

Samco Superflex Hose 1" (25mm) ID, 39" (1m) long

They can bend very well and not kink as they have a stainless steel wire embedded in the walls.

EDIT: Since this is going in the FAQ I am adding that I replaced my Smog Pump with a Cardone 33-768 remanufactured pump. When you goto your local parts store, take the pulley from your OEM pump with you. Make sure it will fit on with minimal removal of material from the pump body. Some of the castings from Cardone wont permit the pulley to clear the pump body w/o removing a bunch of material from the pump body. it should also come with a section of silicon hose and a 45' connector as the output tube is not at OEM length. I had to go through two pumps to get the correct one even though the PN was correct on the box. I also had to file down the section that fits in the pump mounting bracket. It would not clear. Otherwise the hardest thing is getting the 32 year old hoses off the old pump in order to remove it. Since the old one has not frozen up yet I am carrying it as a spare.

Last edited:
@Mace @Rigger

Questions about discontinued Smog Pump hose replacement come up often enough that this info might be best in FAQ ?

It's good tech.

Thanks

Good point. Done

View attachment 1548173

NookShneer:

Thanks for the recommendation @ http://www.boostcontroller.com/ I went with the Samco Superflex SL22 and SL25 Hoses.

Samco Superflex Hose 1" (25mm) ID, 39" (1m) long

They can bend very well and not kink as they have a stainless steel wire embedded in the walls.

Referring to the parts diagram at the start of this thread, did you replace hose #40 with the 1" Samco and hose #43 with the 7/8" Samco ?

Referring to the parts diagram at the start of this thread, did you replace hose #40 with the 1" Samco and hose #43 with the 7/8" Samco ?

Yes #40 is the 1" Dia Hose which is the pump intake, the #43 is the output 7/8" Dia Hose.

Yes #40 is the 1" Dia Hose which is the pump intake, the #43 is the output 7/8" Dia Hose.

Thanks. Do you have the info on the clamps you used ? I know for these silicone hoses the clamps have to be without serration and apply a constant torque.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom