Slinky Long Travel Suspension Systems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to confirm,

the 50 and 75s are same shock pages unless going to #slinkylongtravel set up.

The coils are different to 50 and 75 mm though, depending on vehicle etc, as to which part No's.

The front slinky coils do have height adjustment built into them where you can modify the dead top coil for trimming, weight, load required if you wish, like difference in weight between a turbo diesel and petrol, so they can be exact same height with 300+ lb different front axle weight.

Just to confirm,

the 50 and 75s are same shock pages unless going to #slinkylongtravel set up.

The coils are different to 50 and 75 mm though, depending on vehicle etc, as to which part No's.

The front slinky coils do have height adjustment built into them where you can modify the dead top coil for trimming, weight, load required if you wish, like difference in weight between a turbo diesel and petrol, so they can be exact same height with 300+ lb different front axle weight.

huh? Are not all of the 80 Series kits in question whether 50mm or 75mm, "#slinkylongtravel" ?

Thats correct, we have long travel kits and slinky long travel kits.

The levelling kits use the same set up as the up to 50mm packages and the slinky long travels use different dual rate coils and install kits etc to gain all the extra travel.

Not everyone wants slinky, so tfor the older touring people and van towers we do the lower cheaper version with less parts.

Clear as mud...:confused: Please break this down further for me.

Whats the difference in your long travel kits and your slinky long travel kits?

Are your 50mm slinky shocks the same as your 75 mm slinky shocks?

What components differ between the 50 slinky kit and the 75mm slinky kit?

Take your time and please be detailed. A lot of confusion surrounds the slinky lineup...

Last edited:
I did detail the differences here already, so to save any further confusion, I will provide web page links with the details for you instead.

But the easy way is look at the kit and its title, if its

Slinky Long Travel Kits
Then its slinky long travel if in that section.

As we build the page with the 50mm and 75mm kits that suit also levelling kits, they will also be marked accordingly.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Nevermind...

Last edited:
slt kit.jpg
I think your assuming to much from the product description, as the kits are labelled and part numbered..

There shouldnt be any confusion based on the product description with each 1 on the website as far as #slinkylongtravel goes labelled as such.

It either has a 50mm lift coil or a 75mm lift coil, the rest of the slinky kit is the same on slinky kit. [notice it has SLT part No and says "slinky"]

SK70811SLT Toyota 80 Series on Icon Suspension Aus Spec Kit Stage 1 Heavy Duty slinky long travel 75mm lift

Or intermediate levelling or 50mm long travel. [Note doesnt say slinky long travel kit in description] These have 50mm shorter shocks for our smooth ride coils to stay captive and not need the complete install kit a slinky kit does, and to keep coils captive etc.

SK70801 Toyota 80 Series on Icon Suspension Aus Spec Kit Stage 1 Intermediate long travel 50mm lift

long travel page.jpg

Last edited:
So, let me know if I get this right.

1. There are "Slinky Long Travel" and Non-Slinky "Intermediate Long Travel" kits.
2. Both kits are available in 50mm and 75mm lift heights
3. Intermediate Long Travel Kits use the same shock for 50mm and 75mm lift heights.
4. Slinky Long Travel kits use the same shock for 50mm and 75mm lift heights.
5. Slinky Long travel kits use a shock that is 50mm longer than the Intermediate Long travel shock.

For information on Autocraft lifts (for a USA customer) go to 4xOverlandUSA.com

Did I get this right?

So, let me know if I get this right.

1. There are "Slinky Long Travel" and Non-Slinky "Intermediate Long Travel" kits.

No there are slinky long travel kits and there are long travel kits, which are marked, labeled and part numbered accordingly, so when you read the description, title and part No its pretty easy to work out.

2. Both kits are available in 50mm and 75mm lift heights

This is possible though the long travel is std to 50mm height in the kits as slinky shocks are to long for std height replacement coils, hence why we separated them, part numbered them and added what they were in the descriptions.

Slinky coils we have 50mm coils and 75mm coils, in differing weight ratings, so aprox 9 options of slinkies in total.

3. Intermediate Long Travel Kits use the same shock for 50mm and 75mm lift heights.

Well as per previous answer on No 2 actually.
"This is possible though the long travel is std to 50mm height in the kits as slinky shocks are to long for std height replacement coils, hence why we separated them, part numbered them and added what they were in the descriptions."

4. Slinky Long Travel kits use the same shock for 50mm and 75mm lift heights.

Correct.

5. Slinky Long travel kits use a shock that is 50mm longer than the Intermediate Long travel shock.

Correct.

For information on Autocraft #slinkylongtravel 4xoverland lifts (for a USA customer) go to 4xOverlandUSA.com

Did I get this right?

Apart from the edit, Look like you have exceeded yourself on that one :cheers:

@Lumpskie and @NateMob, it seems to me that you are both interested in "Slinky" kits, so let's simplify. The Slinky kits use the dual rate coils. Other "long travel" kits from Darren won't use the dual rate coils.

The dual rate Slinky coils allow for more travel so those kits use a longer shock that won't limit travel. ALL Slinky kits (whether 50mm or 75mm) will have the same shocks, either Stage1 or Stage4 depending on which is ordered.

If you think you want to look at one of the other non-Slinky kits, let me know and we can get into specifics on those.

Thanks for the replies, you guys.

@Box Rocket
You are right. I am getting interested in the "Slinky" kits. Where I was going is this: I'm wondering if the 50mm and 75mm have the same amount of available wheel travel even though they sit at different ride heights. (I am especially curious if the 50mm kit just uses more of the "dead" coils than the 75 while keeping a similar free standing height) The reason I'm curious is because I have read that New Hampshire (where I currently live) may be enacting restrictions on the amount of lift you can get to pass their annual inspection. Massachusetts just passed such a law and I want to be sure that I don't have any legal issues.

I really appreciate your willingness to discuss the details of these suspensions and answer questions. To keep from cluttering up this thread, would you mind if I PM'd you with a couple more questions?

Slinky coils we have 50mm coils and 75mm coils, in differing weight ratings, so aprox 9 options of slinkies in total.

:cheers:

Thank you @Box Rocket and @AutoCraft Aus for helping answer the specifics and decode the website!!!:beer:

Could you please expand on these 9 options in coil choices? I can only count 4 that i've seen:

1. 50mm Intermediate load Slinky
2. 50mm Heavy load Slinky
3. 75mm Intermediate load Slinky
4. 75mm Heavy load Slinky

Thanks for the replies, you guys.

@Box Rocket
You are right. I am getting interested in the "Slinky" kits. Where I was going is this: I'm wondering if the 50mm and 75mm have the same amount of available wheel travel even though they sit at different ride heights. (I am especially curious if the 50mm kit just uses more of the "dead" coils than the 75 while keeping a similar free standing height) The reason I'm curious is because I have read that New Hampshire (where I currently live) may be enacting restrictions on the amount of lift you can get to pass their annual inspection. Massachusetts just passed such a law and I want to be sure that I don't have any legal issues.

I really appreciate your willingness to discuss the details of these suspensions and answer questions. To keep from cluttering up this thread, would you mind if I PM'd you with a couple more questions?
Feel free to PM anytime.

Thank you @Box Rocket and @AutoCraft Aus for helping answer the specifics and decode the website!!!:beer:

Could you please expand on these 9 options in coil choices? I can only count 4 that i've seen:

1. 50mm Intermediate load Slinky
2. 50mm Heavy load Slinky
3. 75mm Intermediate load Slinky
4. 75mm Heavy load Slinky
Here's the list of different coil options that I'm aware of. Darren can make any corrections here if I have any mistakes. The only ones I have question about are the part numbers SC70804 and SC70814 that are both referencing HD Slinky 50mm dual rate coils.

SC70801FSLT Intermediate 50mm front coils
SC70801RSLT Intermediate 50mm rear coils
SC70801FSLT Intermediate 75mm front coils
SC70801RSLT Intermediate 75mm rear coils
SC70804FSLT Heavy Duty Slinky 50mm front DUAL RATE coils
SC70804RSLT Heavy Duty Slinky 50mm rear DUAL RATE coils
SC70804FSLT Heavy Duty Slinky 75mm front DUAL RATE coils
SC70804FSLT Heavy Duty Slinky 75mm rear DUAL RATE coils
SC70805RSLT Extra Heavy Duty 70mm rear DUAL RATE coils
SC70811FSLT Heavy Duty 50mm front coils
SC70811RSLT Heavy Duty 50mm rear coils
SC70811FSLT Intermediate 75mm front coils
SC70811RSLT Intermediate 75mm rear coils
SC70814FSLT Heavy Duty Slinky 50mm front DUAL RATE coils
SC70814RSLT Heavy Duty Slinky 50mm rear DUAL RATE coils

First time I've seen the extra heavy duty rears. I hope one of those 50mm Heavy dual rate slinky part numbers is really a 50mm Intermediate dual rate slinky coil. Thanks Adam!

The site is 95% there, and we have just been waiting on some stocking requirement details etc as it continues to be updated, proof read, and products added.

The 9 options go all the way to 4.5 tonne [10,000lb] truck options for armoured and super heavy tourers etc, some of which arent in the general range in some varying heights/rates.

The 50mm lift slinky coil is a completely different design to the 75mm front coil in heavy rate, wire dia and coil count.

The rear is similar in differences.

There is a typo in that group, as the part No ending in

01 or 04 = intermediate code.

14 = Heavy duty.

ending in 21 = levelling coil.

For reference the rest of the part No is first letter
S= suspension

Second letter
K=kit
A=Accessory
c=coil
S=shock

First 3 numbers are first of 3 make and model
7=Toyota
10 = fits all
9 = ford
etc

second 2 of the 3
02 = 200
11= 100
08=80
etc

The last 2 numbers
01 int stage 1
11 HD stage 1
04 int stage 4
14 HD stage 4

If letters on the end
F = front
R=rear

SLT on the end = #slinkylongtravel

Woody runs the 50mm intermediate set up in "GRETCHEN' his green 80.

21271056_1276955349080377_3776797608020204286_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom